OT, latest project.

CECAA850

That is a complex box design but it looks great. I really wish I would have paid more attention in wood shop. Now I am at the mercy of craftsmen like yourself when I need something built. Looks great man!

Me too...I passed on wood shop...didnt even consider it...possibly one of my biggest regrets to this day...

I took wood shop in 9th grade, the shop teacher made all the cuts. I'm not sure you missed out on much by not taking three months to learn how to nail and sand a bird house (or, since I am from West Virginia, a gun rack! :) )

• Like 4

Looks nice as usual Carl. One nick-pick, I still don't have my under Belle subs.......

Now that I think about it, I thought you were going to get some kits.

Yea, another promise to myself for project while the family is at grandma's for the summer. Truthfully, I looked and don't know which one to pick, help a brutha out. You know what I want, two that will go as undetected as possible under the Belles. Give me a parts list (and someone with skill to assemble).

Edited by USNRET

Give me a parts list (and someone with skill to assemble).

If you do the kits, naturally you'll need 2. If you don't, you'll need about 5 sheets of 1/2" Baltic Birch. A local cabinet maker could certainly put them together either way. I have no idea what they'd charge. If I did either scenario, we'd have to discuss it via PM. There would be 3 builds ahead of you though.

If you go with the 8" drivers, use the ones I linked you to. If you go with the 10's, get 2 of the Dayton DCS255-4's.

If you do two 8" drivers, a Bash 500 watt plate amp will run them both. If you go two 10's, I'd get a Bash 300 watt plate amp for each.

3 tubes of PL Premium.

16 sets of t-nuts and bolts.

Whatever paint or Duratex finish you want.

Maybe a dozen or so 2" to 3" legs.

Speaker wire to go from the externally placed plate amps to the drivers.

I'm sure there are some other knick knacks that I've forgotten.

Never took wood shop or had any lessons. I just started building stuff one day and learned from my mistakes. Each box gets a little faster with fewer mistakes. Buying good tools helps a LOT also.

school of hard knocks, Ive been there :D

an even at the SoHK, I had to be socially promoted

After I drill the holes for the driver screws and wiring I'm turning it over to him. He really wants to do the finish work on it himself. He'll be doing it at my house though so I'll be there with a beer in my hand watching. It'll be a change as there's no drinking around power tools LOL!

IMG_0310.jpg

First coat. My son is doing all the painting on this. He's so excited. He may duratex tomorrow, then start with the green in the port after that. I think I would have done the port first but it's his show at this point.