Have I Created a Monster ?

Trut me, you don't want the wife to know about audio. Sooner or later she will figure out a McIntosh 400wpc amp is more than 500 bucks.

Cost is not really an issue between us on anything, I have never hid any prices from her even when had around 20K tied up she has been very good like that. I always call her over and tell her about the piece and why I want to get it. I also make it a priority to only buy what I feel I can recoup my money on if need be.I don't horde equipment either it's been 1 system at a time with only the components I need / want in that system

once or twice I could see some worry in her face / actions and those times I typically elect to do without the upgrade.

Happy wife = Happy life (most of the time)

There are only 2 kinds of music. Country and Western. The stuff that comes out of the radio today is neither. George Jones or Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE :D

Cool thing about AUDIO its really My Fi, our likes don;t have to be the same for us to get along, Bass is Bass, in Country Western or Rock only more or less of it same for mids and highs

I have lots of genre's represented in my 1500 albums / files

• Like 1

That's great , my gf thinks my 15k setup sounds the same as her factory radio in her car . That's fine more funds for me

Haha…sounds familiar, I brought home a pair of Palladiums and my wife's only response was "they're pretty"!!!

Trut me, you don't want the wife to know about audio. Sooner or later she will figure out a McIntosh 400wpc amp is more than 500 bucks.

:o ssshhhhhhh

There are only 2 kinds of music. Country and Western. The stuff that comes out of the radio today is neither. George Jones or Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.

Thats what my wife believes as well...she bout 1500 cds from a sellar online and hooked to her audio technicas. And as iv said before the is very possessive of speakers and equipment once its in her room. After minermark hooked me up with my new center the house is getting the ultimate makeover and i gotta be careful what i say...cause my wifes getting better speakers and more gear...

Yes kind of a monster although we are already monsters....At least there is something new that is in common between her&i is the way i look at it.

Two dudes dressed in white suits.

%21%21eBwZmgBGM~$%28KGrHqEOKpoE0UegnOKhB

How welcoming they look :unsure::lol:

Well I think by now everyone is getting to know my wife has picked up the finer points of dialing in a good set of speakers.

When she comes into the cave she is quite ok with this forum, she raises a brow when she pops in and see's the CL.

Well I think by now everyone is getting to know my wife has picked up the finer points of dialing in a good set of speakers.

When she comes into the cave she is quite ok with this forum, she raises a brow when she pops in and see's the CL.

All the more reason for you to just watch the forum, I will find plenty of ways for you to spend $$$$$$ :emotion-14:

All the more reason for you to just watch the forum, I will find plenty of ways for you to spend $$$$$$ :emotion-14:

Yes, I believe I (We), have you to thank for those Khorns she is running.

Yes, I believe I (We), have you to thank for those Khorns she is running.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm awfully sorry.........................................................................................................I'm NOT sorry!!! Mu ha ha ha ha :emotion-14:

I TOTALLY DISAGREE :D

Cool thing about AUDIO its really My Fi, our likes don;t have to be the same for us to get along, Bass is Bass, in Country Western or Rock only more or less of it same for mids and highs

I have lots of genre's represented in my 1500 albums / files

I actually prefer jazz and classical. :rolleyes: Growing up in Houston you listened to country in the truck and took your gal to go western swing dancing. Gotta keep those belt buckles shined. :biggrin:

Congratulations joe. It is always nice when couples share one another's hobby.

I seriously doubt she will go much further but I will keep poking at it. I find the discussion of audio interesting as well. If I can get her into that realm then we can VIGOROUSLY DEBATE what is better or not :D

Hopefully you have created a monster.

Years ago my wife would ask me what I was reading when I was here, I would tell her some of the stories from this forum which some are funny, eventually she wanted to know what was going on and joined herself after getting to know some people here. Her reading here got her more into audio, before she just wanted to listen to music.

All this led her into going to Hope where she heard a set of speakers she had to have :o I was shocked but happy, now she really only wants to just listen to music but knows the difference in sound and is not happy with just any sound.

This is a good thing because before she would just go along with ideas just to make me happy but not anymore which is a big help.

Not only did she join she could hold her own and got right back on to us but we liked that about her. We all loved meeting both of you in Hope and were really happy for y'all when you won the Corns :D

• Moderators
Not only did she join she could hold her own and got right back on to us but we liked that about her. We all loved meeting both of you in Hope and were really happy for y'all when you won the Corns

Well after putting up with me for well over 30 years she has heard some :pwk_bs: as you could imagine. :o:D

That was a crazy weekend, I still can't believe we won them, I almost fell off my chair when Trey said what we had won. I was hoping for a t shirt never expecting something like that.

It was nice meeting you also, that was a good pilgrimage, a lot of good people were there.