I've got Cornwall I's with some issues.

I have recently acquired a pair of Cornwall I's from the mid 80's. They have the B3 crossover and according to Klipschcorner.com should have K33E woofer / K52K mid / K77M tweeter.

Instead what they have for tweeters is this:

One EV T35 and one K77M, both are dead, they pass no signal at all. I opened up the T35 and the voice coil was separated.

Furthermore, with respect to the midrange what I have is this:

One K52K and one K55M. Both are functional but sound different, as you mIght Imagine.

The woofers are K33E and are fine except for some candle wax in the pleats of one of them.

Obviously the tweeters should be replaced with Crites CT 125's, What should I do about the Squawkers? There aren't a whole lot of K52K's out there, the last one I can find that sold on ebay was in 2011. The K55M is just wrong from what I've read. I'd like them to match at the very least. I'd like to retain the original crossovers for the most part but I realize that may be impossible. I'd recap them, of course.

What do you suggest as a program for getting the most out of them?

post-58469-0-59460000-1400615354_thumb.j

post-58469-0-84420000-1400615393_thumb.j

It never ceases to amaze me what you'll find once you open the cabinets after a purchase. I bought a pair of KP-301 II's with mismatched crossovers and mismatched tweeter diaphragms. A pair of Cornscalas I bought had mis-wired crossovers and when the new larger horns were installed in the cabinets, the speaker grill boards were never cut. In essence, most of the new horns output was hitting a solid piece of the grill board.

Good luck with your hunt.

Thanks everybody.

Pete, there are two K-52-H drivers on ebay now at $85 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-K-52-H-Repacement-Driver-/290814688346?pt=US_Speaker_Parts_Components&hash=item43b5e7fc5a

Don't know that this is what you need but at least they would match. Hope this helps

The K52H drivers would be an excellent option. The K52H driver and B3 crossover is supposed to be a superior combination. I have the B3 crossover in my examples

another 55 would be fine im sure

The one I have in mine is a 55M which sounds way rolled off but that's with no tweeter.

It never ceases to amaze me what you'll find once you open the cabinets after a purchase. I bought a pair of KP-301 II's with mismatched crossovers and mismatched tweeter diaphragms. A pair of Cornscalas I bought had mis-wired crossovers and when the new larger horns were installed in the cabinets, the speaker grill boards were never cut. In essence, most of the new horns output was hitting a solid piece of the grill board.

Good luck with your hunt.

How did you cut the holes in the grills?

How did you cut the holes in the grills?

I was actually proud of how they came out.

First I peeled back the top half of the grill cloth and put a pencil outline of the shape they needed to be. I took one an oscillating cutter and cut to within a quarter inch of my pencil outline. Once that was done I built a frame out of scrap wood that was the size of the opening and clamped it to the grill board. I put a flush (tracer) bit on my router and traced the frame I built. The exposed cut edges got colored in with a sharpie. The grill cloth got glued back on with contact adhesive.

The B3 network is designed for the K52K it will not sound right with the K55M or V without modification. Replace the K55M with a K52 and sell the M to cover the replacement costs. You should have the K-77M tweeters in them. Bob's tweeters will make them sound different,

• Like 1