Roll Call: Retirees

Boxx

• Moderators
I was fed up with being verbally abused, kicked, punched, spit upon, stabbed, etc.... and this was coming from the parents...

I could imagine, many kids today have little or no respect for anything and the parents are what created these monsters and are no better.

That's got to be a tough job, they expect you to make something of there monsters when they don't want to try and it's there kids.

Without good teachers were in big trouble, good work there Boxx for trying to do the right thing, I bet you reached some and made a big difference.

good work there Boxx for trying to do the right thing,
I appreciate your kind words. However to frame this right, I will say that I finished my career as the principal of a DAEP (District Alternative Education School [Placement]). All the students that came to my school were there for "discipline" reasons, grades K - 12.. At times it could be a pretty tough crowd.

During my last three years the age of some of the students was getting much older (19/20). I ran that program without the help of the police department; even though they had to be called often. Any time that I felt in danger, I would make certain to stand as close to one of our "security" camera's as possible. I had a great staff, but everyday was a new adventure.... Believe me, it was not your mom and dad's type of school.

• Like 1

good work there Boxx for trying to do the right thing,
I appreciate your kind words. However to frame this right, I will say that I finished my career as the principal of a DAEP (District Alternative Education School [Placement]). All the students that came to my school were there for "discipline" reasons, grades K - 12.. At times it could be a pretty tough crowd.

During my last three years the age of some of the students was getting much older (19/20). I ran that program without the help of the police department; even though they had to be called often. Any time that I felt in danger, I would make certain to stand as close to one of our "security" camera's as possible. I had a great staff, but everyday was a new adventure.... Believe me, it was not your mom and dad's type of school.

:emotion-21::emotion-21: :emotion-21:

I was fed up with being verbally abused, kicked, punched, spit upon, stabbed, etc.... and this was coming from the parents...

I could imagine, many kids today have little or no respect for anything and the parents are what created these monsters and are no better.

That's got to be a tough job, they expect you to make something of there monsters when they don't want to try and it's there kids.

Without good teachers were in big trouble, good work there Boxx for trying to do the right thing, I bet you reached some and made a big difference.

:emotion-21:

:emotion-21:

Thanks.... I appreciate you thought.... Time will tell....

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was thinking teacher or something in administration but I had no idea you were dealing with the worst of the worst.

That's a tough dangerous job, someone has to do it and you were the man.

The sad part is it's not the kids fault, none were born with that attitude toward others and authority. It is the kids fault if there not willing to try and change and do better. Most of the time the environment they live in gives them the feeling no one cares and at home it's sometimes the truth. It's just sad, kids raising kids in many cases.

I seen it many times during insurance, the first death claim I had to fill out was on a 6 year old, I sat doing my thing and I just had to ask the mother, How did this happen ? I was shocked by the answer, she said you know you can't control them boys he was hanging out on the corner right there with the older kids and someone started shooting. At 6 years old, and at like 1 in the morning, I didn't know what to say, it's really sad out there and it's no wonder crime it getting worse by the day.

Sorry to go on like this but it pretty darn depressing really when these kids have no ambition but the street life and don't really expect to live to 25 years old.

couldn't do your job boxx--i don't have the patience. I argue with a buddy of mine, he says that people are naturally good -- i say they're naturally evil. So, i asked him if he taught his kids how to lie? Lying, acts of selfishness … that comes naturally to us. We need to be taught to extinguish or at least suppress those selfish acts. Sometimes they still creep out when i'm on the freeway in rush hour; but, then "I" have places to go, people to see, things to do.

• Like 1

Thanks guy's for your kind words...

There were good times and some really good kids.

Otherwise, the no one could keep their sanity and hang on....

Edited by Boxx

• Moderators

20,000 Post, Congratulations, I usually don't look at that stuff but al the zeros caught my eye.

You are the most interesting man in the world, just not sure about that perfectly clean shiny grill, it's got me a little worried ?

post-9700-0-67580000-1402804799_thumb.jp

I hit 65 on Tuesday, but won't be able to retire for a long time. My wife and I are working to make a move to the Philippines if we can. If you are frugal, you can actually live comfortably on $12-$15k. We might be able to do that. You sure can't do that living in the States.

Bruce

• Like 1