Jersey Boys

WMcD

You should see it. I saw it this morning. Half price admission. Popcorn was full price.

About one-half hour in I thought, "This is a good movie."

About one hour in I thought, "This is a very good movie."

About one-and-a-half hours in I thought, "this is an excellent movie."

Clint did good. He makes a Hitchcock-esque cameo via Rawhide on a black and white TV.

It gets tragic but there is a feel good ending. They don't lip-sync to the original tunes and it was good to hear alternate interpretations.

This was an AMC theater and at least the surrounds were Klipsch. Probably behind the screen too. Sound was excellent.

WMCD

COOL... AFTER Eastwoods HEREAFTER and that republican convention speech, I thought my favorite father figure might have actually lost it. THANKFULLY I can see thru those incidents and its the body of work that matters and not the individual performance.

Good to hear they do not lipsink... nothing is worse... well... except... maybe airguitar.

SCHUisaREPUBLICAN.

Edited by Schu

Eastwood's best movie about music has to be Bird. The music was more historically important than jersey boys. Clint makes good movies no doubt about it. He wanted to be a piano player but knew he wasn't good enough to really make it, so he went into acting. Now in his later years he is showing his love for music in some of his films. Gotta love Clint. WTF does politics have to do with it?

COOL... AFTER Eastwoods HEREAFTER and that republican convention speech, I thought my favorite father figure might have actually lost it. .

Wingman, hell yes, father figure, probably not.

I'm a big Eastwood fan myself; however, you do know that he has seven children with five women that he will admit to, and it took him 32 years to acknowledge the first one?

Is he your "father figure" because he is so good at knocking women up? :blink2:

Edited by Fjd

It perfectly explained in the post... there is NO AMBIGUITY.

I was, understandably, worried.

Not really. You like his work yet bring politics into it. Emphasized by stating you are a dues paying member of a faction in American politics. His body of work has nothing to do with that. I like Clint because he identifies himself as an American. To quote another thread, WTF.