Looking for recommendation subwoofer

mechanic1244

For a room that size I would suggest an outlaw LMF-1 EX but it is $649. One of the best performing HT subwoofers under $700. The SVS PB-2000 at $799 is also getting some very good reviews but I haven't heard it yet.

It is very difficult to recommend speakers because of how we all hear a little different and our preference in music. Suggest you preview subs for their size some are quite large, more important their performance. Then there is the option of building one of the highly efficient horn subs if you have the place to do something like that.

Have fun in your search.

Guest Steven1963

I would add to the question list: 1. how much bass do you like and 2. do you want only new or would you consider used sub?

The reason I would add those is, in your price range you could probably pick up a high(er) end used sub that would more than suit your desire for extreme bass (if that's your thing) than you could otherwise get with a new purchase.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Edited by Steven1963

You really have to watch out for these guys. They've spent most of their money, Ran out of room, or even the worst The Wife won't let them!

Now to be serious. Welcome to the Forum. Their pretty much a great bunch people. If you got a question someone will have an answer.