Looking to upgrade from KG 4's...where to go?

Hello,

I'm new here...and hooked on Klipsch. I currently have a pair of KG 4's from 1984 in oiled walnut. Love them but am thinking of stepping it up a notch...or two. What model should I consider as an upgrade? If I had it my way I'd jump right to LaScala's...

Thanks

Mystik Cabs,

Welcome to the forum.

My first "heritage-like" speakers were walnut oil KG4's. Loved them with my Marantz 2252B.

Stepped up to oak oil forte's and thought I was in music heaven. Not night and day difference from KG4's but considerable upgrade no doubt.

Where are you located?

What is your budget?

Are you keeping the KG4's?

Bill

I am in south eastern Connecticut, my budget would be under 1K and I would sell the KG 4's to help recover from whatever I might purchase.

If you can't jump straight to La Scalas, go check all these out.

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/4543240123.html

or these.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/ele/4473979570.html

Bill

Edited by willland

Bill, in that first Craigslist ad there are multiple pairs, which model is what? Chorus, Forte and Quartet....that would be the closest to me...about a half hour drive.

Forgot to mention that right now I still run my old Denon DRA 545R ss, intergrated. I plan to go tube in the future....

Edited by Mystik Cabs
  • Like 1

His pricing seems to be at the top end of what the speakers are worth, no? I could go $950 and get eth2's LaScala's and be done forever, right? Not sure of the Klipsch line up I guess Are the Chorus anywhere near the speaker the LaScala is?

His pricing seems to be at the top end of what the speakers are worth, no?

The first link, no, second link, yes.

I could go $950 and get eth2's LaScala's and be done forever, right?

Yes you could.

Not sure of the Klipsch line up I guess Are the Chorus anywhere near the speaker the LaScala is?

Deeper bass from the Chorus but the LaScalas trump them everywhere else.

Bill

His pricing seems to be at the top end of what the speakers are worth, no?

The first link, no, second link, yes.

I could go $950 and get eth2's LaScala's and be done forever, right?

Yes you could.

Not sure of the Klipsch line up I guess Are the Chorus anywhere near the speaker the LaScala is?

Deeper bass from the Chorus but the LaScalas trump them everywhere else.

Bill

Thank You Bill!

Hello from another Newbie,

I recently came across a pair of KG 4.5's which are sounding better every time I listen to them BUT am picking up a set of Tangent T5000's this week.

Bought them sight unseen from the original owner. I paid a lot less than most Forte's go for but I have to look at a black vinyl finish.

If I could afford them I'd get the Chorus.

picking up a set of Tangent T5000's this week.

Bought them sight unseen from the original owner. I paid a lot less than most Forte's go for but I have to look at a black vinyl finish.

You really shouldn't be able to tell its vinyl wrap unless you're up close and as long as they're in good shape they should still look great.

If you have close to a grand to spend, skip everything else and go to the LaScala. No sense in spending and upgrading like so many, including myself. The Heritage series holds its value very well.
Since you're close to Eth2, go get a listen. If you listen to music, a taste of the big mid and there is no turning back.