Thanks, Thebes...I think

Mallette

So Thursday after work I get what appears to be a vinyl box in the mail from Martin Thibault. My wife was in the room so I didn't think it a good idea to open it at the time considering the source. Of course, I had heavy drinking responsibilities Friday, it being Independence day and all so didn't get to open it until today in the privacy of my listening room.

I looked at the title, "The Organ Blows" OK, a little closer and I note it's continued down the side with "ITS MIND." I am assuming perhaps it's the complete Orgelbuchlein performed by Funkadelic, but in fact is Wurlitzer Opus 2128 that was originally built for Rockefeller Center.

200 stops, babycakes...

Over a hundred of them are the nastiest noises one can imagine. 100 inches of water force feeding pipes until they scream for mercy.

But, of course, it is FUN! Theater organs were designed to be anything but subtle, and this one is about as subtle as a steam engine with the throttle tied off full coming down the west side of the Rockies.

Love it, Marty. It's in the right hands.

Thank you, kind sir.

Dave

• Like 1

Well when I first spotted the title, I just knew that given my juvenile sense of humor, that this album was far too dangerous to the body politic to remain in my hands.

It was fated to go to a responsible pillar of the community, to be properly vetted, or disposed off, depending upon the decisions of a hastily convened theological jury.

Not sure it will make it to a theological jury as I think the Supreme Court Chief Justice weighed in as I played it. A serious boil up of clouds that developed a LOT of thunder and lightening caused power fluctuations that led me to shut down my system as a protective measure. Oddly, the storm dissipated as quickly as it arose.

Dave

Over a hundred of them are the nastiest noises one can imagine. 100 inches of water force feeding pipes until they scream for mercy. But, of course, it is FUN! Theater organs were designed to be anything but subtle, and this one is about as subtle as a steam engine with the throttle tied off full coming down the west side of the Rockies.

Bet it would sound good on the F-20 B)

Edited by CECAA850

Over a hundred of them are the nastiest noises one can imagine. 100 inches of water force feeding pipes until they scream for mercy. But, of course, it is FUN! Theater organs were designed to be anything but subtle, and this one is about as subtle as a steam engine with the throttle tied off full coming down the west side of the Rockies.

Bet it would sound good on the F-20 B)

Man I'd love to get my hands a vinyl rip of this to find out...

Well I'm hurt..all I ever get from Marty is left wing propaganda crap....Well he has given me some cool electronic parts but they just can't offset the trauma from the propaganda...

Traumatized! Hah! Brain dead from inhaling all those lead fumes is more like it.

I seem to recall the gift to a certain soul of one original pressing of Johnny Cash, "Live at Folsom Prison".

It's sad when our heroes go into decline like that.

Well I'm hurt..all I ever get from Marty is left wing propaganda crap....Well he has given me some cool electronic parts but they just can't offset the trauma from the propaganda...

My how we forget so quickly, I recall you buying a certain ultimate vinyl on your perceived Marty's recommendation, what better gift could one ask for

Long live Jack White :D

Traumatized! Hah! Brain dead from inhaling all those lead fumes is more like it.

I seem to recall the gift to a certain soul of one original pressing of Johnny Cash, "Live at Folsom Prison".

It's sad when our heroes go into decline like that.

SHITE you got me you sly old dog....

My how we forget so quickly, I recall you buying a certain ultimate vinyl on your perceived Marty's recommendation, what better gift could one ask for

Long live Jack White :D

No doubt things will never be the same around here after that