War Of The Worlds is tearing up my HT

derrickdj1

The wife was out of the house this afternoon so I thought I could crank a movie. I put on WOW and was watching it -3 on the avr. I was enjoying the scene with the pod coming out of the ground. Next thing I knew, one of the FH speaker came crashing down the wall along with two pictures. Good thing this is the man cave: the wife might get pissed if it happen in another room.

The sub was 5 db hot and the power meter was shooting over 2700 watts. I never watched it like this. This was the first time a drywall stud gave out in over 15 years. I am going to go and check the upstairs before she get's home, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Man you guys that haven't heard something at reference don't even understand the word powerful! Wow at -15 and reference it two totally different experiences.

Btw great job Derrick I expect nothing less from a man with as many 18's as you have.

Edited by Scrappydue

I recall being blown away by this movie's surround effects on regular DVD. I only watched it once, or maybe twice several years ago, but one of my favorite surround experiences. I will have to cue it up soon.

Right on! When ever DTS is available as an audio format selection, I select it. 'Road To Perdition' was another that stands out in my memory with the audio. Is DTS Master Audio a leaps & bounds jump from DTS ES? I haven't experienced it yet.

I got the FH speaker back up and no damage other than a wall dent.Tomorrow I will check the other speakers near the ceiling.

-3 on a sc35? I can not even get to -26/-27 on my sc35 without making a significant impact on my life... -3 no way.

-3 is not that bad since the room is large. It is not the same loudness compared to a smaller room.

Man you guys that haven't heard something at reference don't even understand the word powerful! Wow at -15 and reference it two totally different experiences.

You just can't get the same LFE at -15 even if I run the subs 10 db hot. Some with the way the LFE is processed, I think.

Edited by derrickdj1

Right on! When ever DTS is available as an audio format selection, I select it. 'Road To Perdition' was another that stands out in my memory with the audio. Is DTS Master Audio a leaps & bounds jump from DTS ES? I haven't experienced it yet.

DTS ES is for a 6.1 HT. It should be just as good.