Robin Williams Dead

willland

What a tragic waste. I do understand that he was wrestling with his demons. What I do not understand is why a person of such obvious kindness, fame and wealth could not redirect his life into philanthropic work. Nothing makes a person feel better than helping others and with his notoriety he could have made a great difference in so many constructive ways. It feels like he punished the world by stealing his goodness into eternity. I hope he finds his peace.

He also had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in it early state, I think it may have been something he wasn't ready to deal with.

I think his death was one of the most shocking celebrity deaths of any I can remember, a man who gave us so much laughter he will be missed.

RIP Mr Williams and thanks for so very very much.

As I had previously speculated.

After days of intense speculation about Robin Williams's private struggles in the wake of his suicide, his widow, Susan Schneider, on Thursday made a stunning revelation: the comic had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

I don't mean to be overly anal, but it's usually Parkinson-like symptoms. They only way they can determine Parkinson's for sure is post-mortem.

I know a bit about suicide from school and I have some work experience with it. I have some theories about what actually happened, but they are irrelevant now. Based on the reports I have seen, it wouldn't surprise me if this "suicide" was an accident, that he didn't actually intend to take his own life.

I don't have all the facts, and I am probably wrong. Only the victim knows for sure.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Horrible way to lose someone close to you, to see them so defeated. I lost my dad to suicide, a long time ago.
very sorry to hear that--that must suck. lost both my parents when i was eight...mom killed by drunk driver; dad broke his back in same accident; but, in hospital they discovered he had cancer--refused treatment and died five months later at age 35; Mom was 33.