REEL TO REEL - $250 (north las vegas)

minermark

I had one given to me a few years ago, and finally passed it on to seti. The only issue I had was the contacts on the pushbutton switches. Some contact cleaner to care of that. I wanted one that could take larger reels, but they don't come around as often.

• Like 1

I picked up a non-working Akai a couple of years ago for $30.  $40 for parts and a bit of a learning curve and I've got a decent deck.  Parts are available from a couple of sources.  Quite often it's just a belt, demag and some lube.   I pick up some tapes off of ebay occasionally, but honestly I don't use it all that often.  Kind of a nice conversation piece and the grandkids look at it like the antique it is:)

I picked up a non-working Akai a couple of years ago for $30.  $40 for parts and a bit of a learning curve and I've got a decent deck.  Parts are available from a couple of sources.  Quite often it's just a belt, demag and some lube.   I pick up some tapes off of ebay occasionally, but honestly I don't use it all that often.  Kind of a nice conversation piece and the grandkids look at it like the antique it is:)

Akai made some excellent tape machines during the day.