Klipschorn building plans

tpg

Does anyone know where I can find Klipschorn plans? I see the LaScala plans all the time.... but I like the corner horn idea. Also, if I were to find these plans, what drivers would be feasable to use? I realize it wouldn't be cheap, necessarily, but I think I just got screwed on eBay, so I just figured this way I know what I am getting. Thanks all. Smile.gif

------------------

For ProMedia help:s>

soundwise2.GIF

Email ProMedia Tech Support or call at: 1-888-554-5665s>

from what i have seen with the K-Horns, unless youare an expert craftsman, don't try to rebuild them. Same goes with the La Scala, hence the help from my uncle Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Lovely. Dueling signatures Deluxe.... Thank sweet Jesus I have a 2.8Mbps connection. Nice work guys, but these graphic/Flash laden signatures are a bit much on the ole bandwidth for the average slogger and dont seem too appropriate for ye olde forums, especially one already loaded with smiley faces, dancing filigree, rotating brain damage, bouncing cartoons, and other slaphappy Saturday Morning Cartoon ToTo material.

It took me 10 months just to get used to "floppy doodle" brain trust... Hell, my wife walks by and shakes her head when she sees me writing a post with 40 rotating, eye blinking, gimcracks. Sadly, I dont blame her...

Remember, you can "uncheck" the "show signature" box if you have already left one of these beasts in an above post.

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-26-2002 at 10:44 AM

Mobile....

You really hate that sh!t don't you LOL !!!!!

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

1.5 MB/s. DSL, hey, I suffered with dialup for 10 years, now it is time to get revenge Smile.gif

BBUUUUUUUWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Sweet revenge will be mine!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

sorry, your compalint at the SIZE of my flash is no good. flash is an exremely small file, which is why it is so popular. My flash animation is only 16Kb, TPG's GIF image is 36.

another great thing about flash is that it can be blown up to any size and it is no larger than before.

click here and see

http://soundwise.org/swssig2.swf

The only problem is that my SWF file has a linking poblem and clicking does not work like it should, I am going to try to fix that today.

------------------

-justin

s>

yeah, the flash can be VERY small in size, especially with a file like that. With you on the physical size issue as well, where vector graphics are math based and increases are handled with aplomb.

Your flash was having massive problems the other day as it would not load via my system which is pretty tweaked. At least yours is smaller in size as well (within forum).

Still, to have these graphic signatures seems a bit much for a STRING style forum as opposed to a individual posts ala Audio Asylum. IT takes up bandwidth and space with the signature standing out more than the text. I also dont believe in posting monster pics in the threads unless shrunk to smaller size or if really necessary. I have done it occasionally ie Jazman's Moondogs interior but try to avoid it.

Still, to have you signature reproduced over and over again is not needed, especially if it is filled with graphic content. One can easily UNCHECK the signature box when it's already been left..... unlike what has been done in this thread.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-26-2002 at 01:05 PM

you can thank UBB for the size of my signature.

What it SHOULD look like is a 25 pixel high, 200 pixel wide animation. It is VERY small, but UBB code allows 3 sizes. With HTML I would paste this code...

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0" width="450" height="150">

<param name=movie value="http://soundwise.org/swssig2.swf">

<param name=quality value=high>

<embed src="mymovie.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="200" height="25">

</embed>

And with that it would be this large... or should i say small

</object>

shockwavesize.gif

If theywould allow HTML, which I think they can, then this would not be an issue.

------------------

-justin

s>

Oh my how different the room is now. I got $12,000 in furniture put in for... drum role please..... $4700! Paid for it myself and it looks mighty nice Wink.gif All dark cherry, glass top desk, it is very classy.

what is new

bed, now queen size

dresser

tv stand

bed stand

desk

i was further modding the lights you see in the back ground when all of a sudden they blew up haha. So they are no longer with me.

oh yeah,

new tv

another computer

another monitor

new ceiling fan

new speaker placement

and new cell phone (see the star tac on the windowsil?)

I need to do a new room pic i guess. This room is now more educated looking, but not as fun Frown.gif Oh well, i do get to pimp out the garage apartment...

------------------

-justin

s>

Indeed, I thought the very same thing. I havent spent 12,000 on my furniture in our WHOLE APARTMENT, much less my bedroom, and I have some good antiques!

Lord....

Money talks in Texas. How old are you again?

Frightening.

kh

ps-..and you STILL wont turn your signature off after posting it three times. Stubborn steer hide.

well, i had had the same furniture for nearly 12 years, it was time for an upgrade. i had been saving up for that for a long time since when i go to college i will need furniture my sophomore year (i am getting a house in austin my second year).

you forget. i have a mother. audio is not important to her, a room full of nice furniture is something that is important to her. you could ask my dad how often we have had to change furniture... it is unbelieveable. we bought this new house and it had two more bedrooms and threemore 'other' rooms in it that she had to furnish, you would think that she was a little kid in a candy store. she goes furniture shopping more than clothes shopping. infact, just this last weekend the two of them were at Neihman Marcus at Town and Country mall and bought a couch on clearance and some rug which has not been delivered yet.

so getting furniture is a-ok to her, getting headphones, computers, speakers, etc, is a waste to her. (yet she is beginning to love the ht we are putting up...)

once again mobile, you will force me to change my signature. if you have a computer as good as you say, i can not imagine you having a problem. none of my computers, wintel or mac, have any problems. i am on a iBook right now and no problems.

• 6 months later...

----------------

On 7/25/2002 5:35:00 PM trespasser_guy wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find Klipschorn plans? I see the LaScala plans all the time.... but I like the corner horn idea. Also, if I were to find these plans, what drivers would be feasable to use? I realize it wouldn't be cheap, necessarily, but I think I just got screwed on eBay, so I just figured this way I know what I am getting. Thanks all.
"<a
http://216.37.9.58/ubb/smilies/Smile.gif">

------------------

For ProMedia help:
s>

soundwise2.GIF"

or call at: 1-888-554-5665
s>

----------------

IN response to building Horns

DONT..don't put yourself through the ordeal.

As i may have mentioned in an earlier post

i beleive is a prescription for the funny farm

to quote my earlier post..somewhere here.

I have a neighbor that was completely convinced that he could build a set of Belle

Klipsch (a dressed up lascalla)

Well, a good month or so past when Belle #1,

was finnally completed,..

The speaker was taken into the living room and

wired up to his mcintosh amp pre-amp set.

After listening to several things,..we determined that it sounded awfullREALLY awfull

Raw,.thin...dry.!

Nothing like the set we had heard in the showroom ,..thats for sure.

After supreme dissapointment, the speaker was

stored in the back of the garage for months

untill a teen down the street bought the speaker ..because ..YES it could play LOUD.

It had that going for it.

THE Construction on the second Belle,. was

never started.

The wood for that cabinet, im told, went into making a cabinet for the kitchen dishwasher.

Folded horns can be torture,. if one mistake

is made.

MInd you,,..the heritage speakers have drivers that we selected for THAT model.

meaning,..usually( you can't buy these off the

shelf)...ignoring Ebay..for a min.)UGH!!

SO half the ingredients are missing from the start.

EG: a JBL 2225 is not a k 33 ...and so on

I had a buddy who built MCM bass cabinets,. with some sucess,..

But thats a much bigger folded horn.

But even then,...they were not like the ones

From that little town called Hope.

Still didn't have that "sound"

hope this helps

Rob

• 5 years later...

I've got two sets of khorn plans. Contact me offline if interested.

------------------
Klipschorns and Moondogs

What is the price for a set?

That post is from 2001.

You can get Khorn plans here for free:

http://www.volvotreter.de/

They are metric but easy enough to convert.

Where are you located? I have all of the parts to build K Horns if you are interested (with upgraded drivers).

One wonders if you use the correct wood thickness, angles, gluing techniques and Crites speakers and crossovers why you wouldn't get the correct sound. So does Klipsch test each driver for a particular specification and send the out of spec drivers back to the manufacturer? Or is the performance better with the Crites speakers?

JJK