Cornscalas...Chattanooga

Schu

http://tricities.craigslist.org/ele/4613409533.html

If you aren't familiar with these spectacular speakers, you should do yourself a favor and look them up. Type 'Cornscala Style C' into your favorite search engine and click the first link. These speakers are based on the famous Klipsch Cornwall and La Scala speakers, hence the name 'Corn...Scala'. The main idea behind the 'Cornscala' was to put the strongest characteristics of both the original Klipsch Cornwall and La Scala into one near sonically perfect speaker. Each cabinet features a 15" woofer, a midrange horn, and a high frequency horn. The components (listed below) are top quality in every way.

The designer of these speakers, Bob Crites, is very highly regarded in the audiophile community and has done amazing work with Klipsch speakers. The technical specs (from the main website) are listed below for your reference. These are some serious speakers by any standard so they don't come cheap.. I have a truck so I can deliver it to your house (if you live reasonably close to Chattanooga). If you are in a neighboring city like Nashville, Knoxville, or Birmingham I am willing to meet halfway.

The original price for these speakers is $1723.00 + $400 (shipping) = $2123.00 delivered. The speakers are only 10 months old and have been used a few times a week. There are literally in 100% perfect condition without even the slightest spot on them. According to the website, these speakers are not even broken in yet. The speakers have been left unfinished so you can add the wood veneer of your choice.

You can easily research the Cornscala on various hi-fi websites and forums. These speakers are very highly regarded across the audiophile community. The only reason I am selling them is because I am moving in a couple of months and the new house doesn't have a good wall for my current setup.. Anyway, simply reply to this listing and I will contact you directly by phone or respond via E-Mail.

Thanks,
MR

00W0W_1Tj31jvMstN_600x450.jpg00J0J_1vnhFDOIiPc_600x450.jpg

Beware of this guy.

I was in contact with him last year to buy these speakers before I bought new ones from Bob. We agreed to a deal and were to meet in Bristol. I drove four hours and he never showed. Wouldn't return phone calls or texts, just disappeared. A regular ***.

Oh, and they are more than ten months old. We were talking in September of last year, and he said they were several months old at that time.

Shakey

Beware of this guy.

I was in contact with him last year to buy these speakers before I bought new ones from Bob. We agreed to a deal and were to meet in Bristol. I drove four hours and he never showed. Wouldn't return phone calls or texts, just disappeared. A regular ***.

Oh, and they are more than ten months old. We were talking in September of last year, and he said they were several months old at that time.

Shakey

Great heads up.  What a ******.

(feminine hygiene product)

Edited by CECAA850

Beware of this guy.

Shakey

Good looking out Shakey!!!  I once drove more than 3 hours for Cornwall 2's. I had been communicating with this guy all day by text.  He changed his mind as I pulled up to his driveway, then he left them on Craigslist for more than a month at the same price.  I was out $75 for gas and a day off. Luckily for me that's my only horror story and I've made lots of long drives to feed my desire for Klipsch speakers.

Am I the only one who thinks he won't get anywhere near that for those speakers? Sure they are nice, but for that price point, they are basically unknown speakers outside of the Klipsch community...plus they look like DIY speakers.

Am I the only one who thinks he won't get anywhere near that for those speakers? Sure they are nice, but for that price point, they are basically unknown speakers outside of the Klipsch community...plus they look like DIY speakers.

They aren't exactly unknown. There is plenty of press around regarding these speakers and the build quality is pretty good. They look much better in person.

As for the price, I do think it is high. He offered them to me for 1300.00. The funniest part about it is he contacted me about selling them. He saw a post I made on Audio Asylum about the speakers and he joined just so he could contact me through the site and solicit the sale, then waffled. No common courtesy.

On another note, my Cornscalas might be for sale in the near future.

Shakey