Just heard some Chorus II's for the first time....

jimjimbo

they are big.......when I picked mine up, I was glad I took the passenger seat out of my mazda 3, or they wouldn't have fit! even then there was only one they'd go in.

when I redo my ht, I'm going to a/b them with my cornwalls. I'm really interested to hear which pr sounds better with movies.

any thoughts out there?

does anyone know there original retail cost? just curious.

I sold my Cornwall II's a few years ago. The Cornwalls have GREAT sound to them, I had them for many years. The Chorus will take a lot more power and bass will hit harder. This is just a guess but for movies I think the Cornwalls might take it? Now I don't listen to music at 300+ watts all the time and when I had the Cornwalls I used them for lower levels, maybe 5 to 50 watts. I did drive them a few times 200 + watts, and yes great sound. You know talking about Cornwalls my eyes are watering up :-( I miss em. But they did go to a good home, I sold them to my old shop helper.

When my shop helper was 18 or so he started to talk about audio. He would talk about Radio Shack-lol lol or he went to Best Buy and listend to a killer sys(Bose) lol. It was time to set him straight!! I told him I had speakers from 1985 that would kill all that he has listend to. This was before I had the Chorus line, the speakers he listend to was my LaScala's with one of my Adcom 555II's. His jaw hit the floor when he first saw them. When I played them for him the look in his eyes told it all.

All that was 11/12 years ago. Over the years I have sent him on Klipsch buying missions, I would find a set on Craigs List. I would talk to the seller, make a deal over the phone (most Klipsch people are good people and want there speakers to go to a good home) then send him to get my new Kipsch:-)

Sancho Panza is right on with the list price, but when the Chorus II's hit the market Klipsch dealers wanted those Chorus I's gone!

• Like 1

Beeker said:

"If your impressed by stock chorus ii the clarity and thump my chorus ii's provide would be a step above or more."

If I may ask, what mods have you performed on your Chorus II? Bill

Everything xept my mid is what you will read or already know...patent pending...seriously