NFL Time!

K5SS

I remember when Dallas was awesome. Winning all the time. They really were America's team once upon a time. Now they just don't get it done and it's year after year. They just don't look good. It's not all Romo's fault. Maybe Jerry should sell the team to Mark Cuban. That would shake things up quite a bit I suspect.

"America's team?!?! hahaha!!! not quite. great ad campaign though.

Boxx, my 10yr old is playing on a 12yr old team this fall in a neighboring county (first game was this afternoon) and he is the starting catch for them. We are playing real baseball now with steals legal anytime the ball is live. This is sure getting fun! 

Outstanding.... Fall ball is a great time to improve your skills.... especially with guy's that are older....

FAVORITE NFL TEAM

"What are your two favorite National Football League teams?"

Base: Adults who follow professional football

Harris Pole

Dallas Cowboys

=1

Edited by JL Sargent

Boxx, my 10yr old is playing on a 12yr old team this fall in a neighboring county (first game was this afternoon) and he is the starting catch for them. We are playing real baseball now with steals legal anytime the ball is live. This is sure getting fun! 

My favorite times were Daddy-pitch (7-8's) when a 40-35 score was NOT uncommon.  Then you go to kid-pitch (9-10) where the score could be 12-10 with two hits (LOTS of walks!). 

At 11-12 it really is real baseball.  BTW, if you are allowed to lead off, steals are automatic, unless you are playing on Pony League fields where it is further than little league distance.

I will also tell you that at the 12 yo level, the catcher is the most important player on the field.  Not the pitcher, not the SS.  It's where I want my smartest player.

That's because he is handling the ball on EVERY play, and what he does, and even MORE importantly, what he DOESN'T do can lose ball games.  The last thing you want is a catcher throwing the ball all over the place allowing base runners to get un-earned bases on every over-throw.

Do not take ANY of this time for granted, and take lots of pictures.  About 90% of kids are done with baseball forever after little league.

+++

I didn't comment on your post about your kid's great game, but I followed it and I love hearing those stories.  Baseball and dad's were made for each other!  (I used to own a HS pitcher)  :)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3