KLF-30's for sale (SOLD)

Tracy - Vintage nut

2 things, one is I have one pair of KLF's for sale. They are all redone in black satin enamel,all drivers in good shape, grills are flawless, sound really good. No upgrades to my knowledge, selling them so I can upgrade to maybe some cornscalas. Would like to have $750.00 for them, sound like a fair price?
The other is, if anyone knowing of someone having a Yamaha CX-1000 pre-amp let me know would you?
Thanks

post-58229-0-43980000-1410122966_thumb.j

post-58229-0-43220000-1410123195_thumb.j

Edited by Tracy - Vintage nut
  • Like 2

you do realize that two twelve inch woofers push 1.5 times as much air as a single fifteen inch woofer and that they have way higher power handling and they go way lower than a K33 (cornscala)does? I would suggest that you should be keeping the KLF30 and buying a set of ti tweeter and mid diaphragms. But hey sell them if you want. Good luck with the sale. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Also, Tracy,

If you need some help with your Cornscalas, I have built 2 sets now. Be glad to help you out with any questions you might have. I love my Gormscalas, (Cornscalas), I would put them night and day above the KLFs in terms of image and clarity.

Of course I also have about 5 grand into them...lol.

Edited by Gorm

Since I have an all-KLF HT system, I'm always interested in the prices (even though I have no intention of selling mine). From what I've seen, the going price range is from about $600 to $900 in good condition. $750 would appear to be quite fair. I love the Heritage sound, so I have Cornwall III's in my 2 ch system and the KLF's for HT. Might consider running 2 systems, since KLF-30's  are hard to beat (especially for the money) in HT. Best of luck.

• Like 1

I personally think you'd be a fool to sell these, I've never heard a better sounding speaker than my 30's...ever!!!!

Michael, note the highlighted words in the quote.

I think he is expressing his opinion from his experiences.

Remember, opinions are subjective.

When I got my RF-63's, I thought they were the best sounding speakers I had ever heard, and they were.  Then I heard Belles, Khorns, LaScalas, and soon realized that better sounding(still subjective) speakers do exist.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Michael, note the highlighted words in the quote. I think he is expressing his opinion from his experiences. Remember, opinions are subjective.

I realize it's a personal statement.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  I was typing on my phone so I can't add emoticons like this :D I just thought calling the OP a "fool" was a bit strong, even though I know he didn't mean any foul by it.  Again, just a strong statement.  ;):D:lol:B):rolleyes: (hope that's enough emoticons).  :lol:

Truth is, there will always be better sounding speakers. 

No I didn't mean anything personal about it, I guess it was a bad choice of words. But like Derrick said I'm not even interested in listening to anything  else as I am 100% satisfied with  the sound I am getting. I got mine for $500.00 but I don't think your pricing is too high. Now that I've actually heard a pair I'd say whoever gets them is getting a great deal.

Wishing you luck on your sale Tracy,  I'm pretty sure they'll go like hotcakes so you'll do okay. :)

Edited by cradeldorf