A pair of horns...

NBPK402

The more I look at these the more interesting I find them. For example: the fronts are lumber core plywood which you don't see every day. The compression chambers (?) incorporate bridal joints and dovetails, so someone put some effort into these things.

But that wallpaper................ :wacko:

• Like 1

They look very old, and the room they are in looks dated too, which may mean they were old when the picture was snapped.

At the bottom of the large horn there is a brass or copper tag. That's interesting.

Agreed, makes you think they're a manufactured item. But by who?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're a Japanese product of limited distribution. Those Japanese gents care not about their front room being engulfed by big speakers. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

They look very old, and the room they are in looks dated too, which may mean they were old when the picture was snapped.

At the bottom of the large horn there is a brass or copper tag. That's interesting.

Agreed, makes you think they're a manufactured item. But by who?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're a Japanese product of limited distribution. Those Japanese gents care not about their front room being engulfed by big speakers. :emotion-21:

Klangfilm  http://www.klangfilm.org/index.html

post-6935-0-49680000-1411057133_thumb.jp

Edited by mungkiman

http://www.klangfilm.org/index.php?lng=0&music=&type=0&frame=1&item=&title=&dir=&num=

Then click on "picures" then "2.6 loudspeakers" then "Bionor KL/L433"

01.jpg

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 3

You are amazing Chris. Amazing. How the heck did you track that down??

Well, this time from munkiman's link to the Klangfilm web site (i.e., a relatively new site started last year) and using the name of the loudspeaker that I found earlier in post #8.  I saw that there was a real problem hunting down the exact model number based on the way that the web site was presenting all the different models of Klangfilm loudspeakers, so I decided to post the more detailed info.

BTW: one thing that I've found about German mechanical-engineered products:  there is a reason why they do everything, and those baffle dimensions of that loudspeaker are there probably for a very good reason: acoustic performance for movie theaters. 

Chris

Edited by Chris A

"Seems like the bottom and sides could be eliminated all together as well as the tweeter wings."

Really?

I think not, the wings add as much as 6dB in the 100hz region.

So does that mean a baffle wall would help too?

• Like 1

"Seems like the bottom and sides could be eliminated all together as well as the tweeter wings."

Really?

I think not, the wings add as much as 6dB in the 100hz region.

So does that mean a baffle wall would help too?

Yeah, the idea of an infinite baffle crossed my mind too.