GO GIANTS!

BigStewMan

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Go Giants...although i crashed after the 9th.  The worst bullpen in baseball...

OK, you are looking pretty smart right about now.

The Cubs just scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th to tie it up at 5-5.  That's unforgivable bad pitching at this level of pro baseball. 

What an absolute collapse from the Giants pen. I thought Bochi should have warmed up Bum to put the fire out, like he did against my Royals. The Giants must be sick --- and should be. That's not even choking, just terrible pitching at the worst possible time. 

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

What an absolute collapse from the Giants pen. I thought Bochi should have warmed up Bum to put the fire out, like he did against my Royals. The Giants must be sick --- and should be. That's not even choking, just terrible pitching at the worst possible time. 

You're forgetting the blown double play.

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

what i said earlier about the bullpen.

i bet their blown saves totaled in the 30s.  The starters this year deserve an apology.

And what I said earlier, you're looking smart right now. You sure called it.  :emotion-21:

There's probably a reason I'm not a Big League manager, but if I were the Giant's manager in the 9th inning I would have looked at the bench and put my best starter in to finish the game.  Now all those starters have until next year to rest their arms.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Yes I did. Qualifies as a complete collapse?

I heard something to the effect that in the history of baseball, there have been 800+ deciding games in a series where one team was ahead by 3 or more runs going into the 9'th inning.  The team behind has only won 4 times. 

10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Stew won't care next year, he'll be doing yoga in the backwoods of Oregon.....

Oh, so they call "that" yoga in the backwoods Oregon. I suppose different geographical backwoods areas have cute little names for those antics? I just know when I'm riding through those type areas and hear Dueling Banjos a "yoga" lesson is the furthest thing from my mind!! Though certain yoga positions do come to mind --- and I ride a little faster!

On October 11, 2016 at 9:33 PM, jimjimbo said:

The real Q is why he didn't leave Moore in the game?

Sabremetrics most likely.  modern managers don’t manage by their gut anymore...although Moore had a 130 pitch game earlier in the year--so he could have went another inning.  Same thing happened in that game against the Mets--Syndergard is pitching a gem--they take him out, bullpen blows it, Giants win and advanced to play the Cubs.