Newbie On A/V Systems

rcooper

YouthMan I was also born and raised In plant city. Have family in keysville area i live out that way on county line rd. I am looking at everything just have to watch what i spend can't afford a 4k system when it will never go above 25 vol. level LOL

• Moderators

Very familiar with County Line Rd.  My parents live on Clay Turner Rd (near Medulla, Sparkman etc).

I don't have $4,000 in my entire HT.  The only think that was purchased new was my projector.  All speakers, amp, receiver, subs, even my HT seating was purchased on craigslist.

Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

I say no but some(very few) on this forum may say yes.

With AVR "bi-amping", you are using the same component with the same power supply to "enhance" the sound, which in my experience does not add any more detail, power, punch, than running it the conventional way.

Bill

Bi amping with an AVR adds something...a second set of cables. 

• Like 2

Now I have messured the room its like 12x15 lvg room so i am now in seach of RC-52 II center speaker  so anyone knowing a little better price than 369 please let me know

Rob

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040QW7PG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687682&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0040QW7KQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1XKV5YYHPS3RNZ6745A4

your welcome!! lol

and how much you got for a sub? i bought a few of the sw-112's before and in my opinion they are one of the worst subs i have ever had in my house. even my wife pointed how boomy they were. and she's the kind i usually have to tell her what to listen for.

if your budget is 300 or under i would get a bic pl-200 from acoustic sound design. 

if you can squeeze 500 i would go with a svs pb-1000. it would be a great sub. if you cant squeeze 500 then you can find used svs subs between 300-500 quite often. 

• 2 weeks later...