Free for picking up: Bamboo

Coytee

We have several stands of bamboo.  By & large, I'd have to say they average over 20 feet tall.  Anywhere from an inch in diameter to maybe three inches in diameter.

"The family"  (the wife and her cousin who lives next door) have decided to thin some of it out.  He was going to burn it.  She doesn't want to see it go to waste if someone can use it.

I'll probably push it over with my backhoe this weekend or "soon".  I certainly don't want to put the energy into using a chainsaw which is what it really takes if you want to take some down.

If someone does want it, you can have as much as you can carry (up to the entire stand that they want taken down).

Here's a picture of what it looks like.  Picture is NOT of our bamboo.  I can't get to it right now with a camera but once you've seen one bamboo, you've seen them all, right?

Neighbors have a stand that I've helped myself to from time to time. Bamboo is great for tomato stakes and cages, and I've started a collection of the nicer straight ones to built a tiki bar and wind chimes from. it's a pretty simple material to work with, saws and drills nicely- VERY strong for it's weight. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

If I were closer I would get some, remember if you cut it and burn it, stand back a little. When it burns it pops like firecrackers. :D

Have you tried a asking local plant nurseries, bamboo poles 2" and up are pretty expensive, and the plants are not cheap either .

• Like 1

• 3 years later...