Heresy II's - St. Paul $200

The History Kid

Don't you hate some of the deadbeats on CL sometimes? People that leave their post up after it sells, don't answer calls or emails, raise the price if they get a lot of interest. Maybe CL needs some sort of rating system like Ebay, at least you would have a slight idea what kind of seller you're dealing with. 

Don't you hate some of the deadbeats on CL sometimes? People that leave their post up after it sells, don't answer calls or emails, raise the price if they get a lot of interest. Maybe CL needs some sort of rating system like Ebay, at least you would have a slight idea what kind of seller you're dealing with.

Yup, yup and yup!

However, I feel compelled to share something with you guys:

A few days ago, I found a pair of RB-25's on eBay for $80 + $30 shipping. Great price right? Well, the grills are all nasty and messed up, and from the looks of it, they haven't been kept in the best of condition. Those speakers ended without a single bid. Within hours of that auction ending, the seller put them back up, this time for $150 + $30 shipping. I mean...come on...dude...seriously!

Well, there might have been some sense in that....could be that low price means low quality, and by repricing it higher the seller could have appealed to a different group.  Something similar happened to me quite some time ago when I was selling my first house....had it priced at a certain level, and no lookers and no offers for 3 months.  Raised the price by $25K, and it sold in a week.  Could have been coincidence, but then, maybe not.

• Like 2

Well, there might have been some sense in that....could be that low price means low quality, and by repricing it higher the seller could have appealed to a different group. Something similar happened to me quite some time ago when I was selling my first house....had it priced at a certain level, and no lookers and no offers for 3 months. Raised the price by $25K, and it sold in a week. Could have been coincidence, but then, maybe not.

I've always been fascinated by this tactic. I first learned of it when my girlfriend's father made a really cool t-shirt and a local shop put it up for him.

He priced it at $30 and it sat there for months. He then raised the price to $300(!) and it sold within a week.

There was also some entry-level vodka brand that did this to boost sales. Raised the price of a bottle from $10 to $35 and suddenly people assumed it was high quality stuff!

Yup, yup and yup!

However, I feel compelled to share something with you guys:

A few days ago, I found a pair of RB-25's on eBay for $80 + $30 shipping. Great price right? Well, the grills are all nasty and messed up, and from the looks of it, they haven't been kept in the best of condition. Those speakers ended without a single bid. Within hours of that auction ending, the seller put them back up, this time for $150 + $30 shipping. I mean...come on...dude...seriously!

Are those the ones that have been re-vinyl'd? Those things look naaassstty!

I am in the market for a pair of RB-25s and RB-10s. Even at standard price. I'll post an alert thread to that effect soon, assuming the sale of my RF-82s goes through today.

• Like 1

Well, there might have been some sense in that....could be that low price means low quality, and by repricing it higher the seller could have appealed to a different group.  Something similar happened to me quite some time ago when I was selling my first house....had it priced at a certain level, and no lookers and no offers for 3 months.  Raised the price by $25K, and it sold in a week.  Could have been coincidence, but then, maybe not.

yea, saw a doc aboot the concorde plane. losing money hand over fist, put a new ceo in charge and he put out a survey to businessmen aboot what they thought their tickets cost.  since their secretaries usually handled the arrangements, they had no idea.

they answered with a cost that was usually twice the actual cost.......so the ceo raised the price, and the concorde was suddenly a huge moneymaker!