Q&A with The Offical Archivist of Personal Relationships

Thaddeus Smith

Why is it that despite acquiring 20 Klipsch speakers with 8 often speaking simultaneously, my wife is still talking over them?

the same reason mine insists on talking during movies and then asks me to explain what she just missed by not paying attention. it's a lost cause. 

Sometimes we'll have friends that we haven't seen for a while over during the super bowl or when I'm watching a music video.  The rule is that if you want to talk, go in the other room.

Why is it that when you find something that's broken/not working around the house your house and you tell your wife she generally says "Oh yea, I noticed that 2 or 3 weeks ago"? 

Sorry but I get all of most of my lady advice from Al Bundy.

Quote, "Don't try to understand women.  Women understand women and they all hate each other"

Steve Rhodes letter to Marcy when he left her "I had a full head of hair when we met and I'm sure my nose has grown" 

OK, Thad, here is one for you, why doesn't the carpet match the drapes? 

• Like 1

Why is it that when you find something that's broken/not working around the house your house and you tell your wife she generally says "Oh yea, I noticed that 2 or 3 weeks ago"? 

she broke it and didn't want to deal with the stress of telling you. it's easier to play dumb when you're not the one that has to fix it. 

I had a mother for 50 years.  I have a daughter of 25 years, and a wife of 29 years.

Why is it I know nothing about women???  :blink:

+++

Edit:  Whoops, wife FOR 29 years, not OF 29 years.

Did I just make your point, without you having to say a thing?  :wacko:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I had a mother for 50 years.  I have a daughter of 25 years, and a wife of 29 years.

Why is it I know nothing about women???  :blink:

Don't feel alone, add 2 more daughters to that and I still don't have a clue, but I did learn I probably don't want one.

Why when you ask what's wrong you can not ever get the real reason, instead you have to hear the whole story which makes you wish you hadn't asked. 

the same reason she listens to you drivel on about room reflections, distortion, or poor dynamics when you're frowning on the couch. well maybe not you specifically since dtel's wife is a rare bird, but you get the idea. she's your best friend, and deep down you care enough to let her vent. 

Why is it I know nothing about women??? 

you need to turn the hearing aids on. :P

The other acceptable answer would have been "as you get older, you get dumber, but since you are older, I wouldn't expect you to know that..."

Edited by wvu80

Why when you ask what's wrong you can not ever get the real reason, instead you have to hear the whole story which makes you wish you hadn't asked. 

Gawd YES!  The whole story............... how often after 15 minutes of foundational story do they lose complete track of what they were trying to initially relate as in "what was I talking about?"

What do you say if the outfit really DOES make her butt look big?

it got me in hot water the first few times until she understood my motivation: i always want her to look her best and not every piece of clothing makes that possible. so I tell her when clothes don't make her look her best, and when they do. no hurt feelings and she always walks out the door knowing that I think she looks hot.

I always thought that ALL women are overweight by "definition" as I don't think I've met one yet that hasn't complained about having 5 pounds to lose. :wacko:

Why do women prefer to throw their butt blindly toward the toilet bowl, then proceed to chew out the man because she 'fell in' when she could have taken two seconds to lower the lid herself?   It's not like she just did her nails and is waiting for the paint to dry.

• Like 3