FS: RC-7 and RS-7s - $300/ea OBO

mattSER

EDIT: This was an older thread appraising the value of my pieces. After sitting on the local craigslist, I've decided I need to ship these out to willing buyers.

Asking $300/ea OBO not including shipping.

I've never shipped anything out, but I will definitely take my time to do it right. Any pointers would be appreciated.

These speakers were each tested briefly to confirm all drivers are working correctly.

Again: $300 OBO for the RC-7 and $300 OBO for the pair of RS-7s.

Ibiza was first to ask about the RS-7s and (if he still wants them) is first in line.

Tremors was also first to ask about the RC-7.

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL THREAD CONTENT:

Some of you may have seen the great deal I got on an RF-7 5-piece set recently. I couldn't really afford to buy it so the time has come to try and recoup my spent money.

I see that these go for up to $500 on ebay and need help determining how much the flaws on mine detract from the overall value.

I'd prefer to sell the RC separately from the RSs.

I took as many detailed photos in bright lighting as I could. Any input is greatly appreciated!

The grills are virtually perfect:

Zl4EgjT.jpg

HNuFRL5.jpg

HSmaS26.jpg

t6xkq7T.jpg

Edited by mattSER

RC-7 Cherry:

junXzLs.jpg

tG71N6e.jpg

Strips of veneer missing from rear top and bottom:

GxNMr39.jpg

Some sort of residue near top edges, not chips or flaking:

XQge5CN.jpg

msp5Z30.jpg

Nm8Bw5J.jpg

YslMuJh.jpg

The damaged right driver of the RC-7:

i1EI9c8.jpg

The puncture wound the right driver surround incurred within minutes of being in the house!!:

fPTldUM.jpg

Edited by mattSER

It would be fairly easy to cut thin wood for new tops and bottoms on the RS speakers.  I thought about doing this to my RS 35's since my VS 14's looked better with piano gloss black tops/bottoms.  I think Klipsch may still have that woofer.  It is worth a call.  If I remember correctly they were around $50.  If the woofer sounds good, just keep the grill on.  I had a chair leg fix last year that someone broke.  A custon funiture repair shop fixed the break and refinished the leg with the exact finish of the rest of the set.  They could make that RC 7 look brand new for a small investment.

I bet all these fixes could be done for under $200.  The problen with the original RF line is years.  Great speakers but, most will have some flaws due to age, use and abuse.

Edited by derrickdj1

• Moderators

Sorry, I made a quick reply from my phone without much thought.  Fish is probably more in line with pricing.  A mint RC-7 might go for around $400 - $450 so $300 - $350 for one with some cosmetic damage might be more accurate.  If it were me, I would list it at $350 and see what offers I get.  You can always come down, you can never go up.  And if you list it on Craigslist, no matter how low you put it, you will always have those that will want to offer you even less.  FWIW, I just looked an there is an RC-7 in my area for $300.

The RS-7's I'm not sure about.  Looking on nationwide Craigslist, some are listed for $400 while others are listed for $500.

Thanks guys, this is starting to sound a little more realistic. I'll mull it over for a few hours and probably post them up tonight for around $350 each.

Is there any quick fix for the hole in the rubber surround? The rubber is still there, so maybe I can reattach it somehow with adhesive?

You can ask whatever you want....you can expect about $300 or so for the rc7 and about $300 or so for the rs7's in damaged condition. I also would sell as is....good luck if ya do.

Agreed. The woofers are also very hard to come across and typically sell for $75-100/per. There was a guy in Canda that had (has) a bunch of parts for older series Reference stuff. The RC-7 woofers went quick. Sending you a PM.