10, 12, 14, 16 guage speaker wire

AaronH

Years before Al Gore gave us the internet i was quite the researcher, grew up writing request letters for samples from whoever, for whatever product i was looking for. finely came around to wire, just about the time monster was just coming out i sent out 20+ request for every wire Mfg/Rep adress i could get my hands on.

Only USA made and only multi-strand copper.

12 replys with samples and pricing came back, when you have all of these laying in front of you that is when other questions arise.

Jacket coating, coating chemistry, resistance to the elements, and of course price per foot.

Hands down my guys are http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-10-gauge-speaker-wire/

They will continue be my ONLY supplier as long as their quality stays the same.

I dont get into sound difference(s) and gold plated crap, everyone has their preference and their reasons for doing it.

There is a good chart and explanation somewhere but if I remember correctly, supposedly 1 db of loss is acceptable over a fairly long span, and for example if you're talking about 14 gauge, you're good with that up to about 25 feet before you hit that threshold. Seems like all of the recommendations for wire sizes is based on keeping you less than the 1 db of loss threshold given a particular distance.

My favorite is Mogami W2921 quad core 4 conductor 13/14ga speaker cable.

W-2921.JPG

Mogami makes high quality wire and Mogami is the most popular professional cable wire choice, it is the wire used in nearly all major recording studios. It is sometimes referred to as High Definition wire because of its musical clarity.

I make my own speaker cables using Mogami W2921 wire.

wire2.jpg

Using Mogami wire, GLS locking banana connectors, Techflex braided sleeving, cable pants and heat shrink tubing, my speaker cables both sound and look great

wires-a.jpg

• Like 2

Yea, but with the money I save using the KnuKonceptz over the Mogami, I can have a bottle of 1990 Ch. Petrus every night for dinner....I'm just sayin....... 

I prefer to drink Pepsi, but after hearing my Mogami wire I don't think I will ever use any other and the build quality of the wire is superior to any other I've ever seen. I have built a few cables and interconnects using different types of Mogami wire and every time it impresses me, Mogami is well made and sounds better.

Yea, but with the money I save using the KnuKonceptz over the Mogami, I can have a bottle of 1990 Ch. Petrus every night for dinner....I'm just sayin....... 

Did you see where a case of Chateau Petrus 1990 vintage sold for $45,938 and 12 bottles of Chateau Petrus 1989 vintage sold for $42,875 during June of this year?  :tongue:  

Did you see where a case of Chateau Petrus 1990 vintage sold for $45,938 and 12 bottles of Chateau Petrus 1989 vintage sold for $42,875 during June of this year?  :tongue:  

Nope, but I still prefer my Pepsi chilled, at 99 cents for two liters. :)  

Yep whipped out my Amex Black card and grabbed both of those.  

Nope, but I still prefer my Pepsi chilled, at 99 cents for two liters. :)  

I wasn't thinking Pepsi vs. wine, but was actually thinking more along the lines that you could buy a length of Mogami W2921 that was over 2 miles long (maybe a longer length since you would be buying "bulk") or you could buy a case of Chateau Petrus 1990 vintage. :emotion-14:

Many times these decisions are probably driven more by what differences we all have in what takes priority in life; however, if I was at Jim's place and he offered to open a bottle of the Chateau Petrus 1990 (or even the 1989), I would not say, no thanks, I'll take a Pepsi. B)  

Edited by Fjd