Why is it when someone changes their Avatar

Max2

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:26 PM, said:

dtel, on 03 Dec 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

And there all colorful, a very good fit for you really.

reminding you of the 60s Elden?

I was a little young in the 60's but I tried to make up for it since.

• Like 1

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:

dtel, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:37 PM, said:dtel, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:37 PM, said:dtel, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:37 PM, said: I was a little young in the 60's but I tried to make up for it since

me too; but, i try to keep them alive. i’m part hippie so it isn’t too hard.  maybe we should all go meet at the corner of Haight & Ashbury and play some Jefferson Airplane. 

Fine with me

Funny you said that somewhere in the mid to late 60's our family went to California, we drove and was gone for over 2 weeks. My dad had this thing about hippies, not sure if he hated or like them but he instead we go to Haight & Ashbury street. We parked and walked around, it was like another world, the different looking clothes, long hair and people everywhere. I don't remember him saying much about it.

On that trip I had my first Chinese food, in Chinatown, my dad was a picky eater and thought my mom was trying to kill him with this strange looking food everyone else liked it. 

We had a Chevy Impala, my sister and I would take turns laying in the back window as we went down the highway, no seat belts or laws against it back then. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:BigStewMan, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:42 PM, said:

dtel, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:37 PM, said:dtel, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:37 PM, said:dtel, on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:37 PM, said: I was a little young in the 60's but I tried to make up for it since

me too; but, i try to keep them alive. i’m part hippie so it isn’t too hard.  maybe we should all go meet at the corner of Haight & Ashbury and play some Jefferson Airplane. 

Fine with me

Funny you said that somewhere in the mid to late 60's our family went to California, we drove and was gone for over 2 weeks. My dad had this thing about hippies, not sure if he hated or like them but he instead we go to Haight & Ashbury street. We parked and walked around, it was like another world, the different looking clothes, long hair and people everywhere. I don't remember him saying much about it.

On that trip I had my first Chinese food, in Chinatown, my dad was a picky eater and thought my mom was trying to kill him with this strange looking food everyone else liked it. 

We had a Chevy Impala, my sister and I would take turns laying in the back window as we went down the highway, no seat belts or laws against it back then. 

very cool story and sounds like you had a nice vacation.  Been to Chinatown in SF. you should have told your dad to drive you across the bay bridge and you could have visited me--and taken in a Raider game.  I do have a confession though (don’t tell my relatives in Oakland) I love San Francisco…i left my heart there once (okay, that was cheesy) but i really do like The City.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

• Moderators
you should have told your dad to drive you across the bay bridge and you could have visited me--and taken in a Raider game.

We did drive across the bridge, We all wanted to see the bridge, well all we could see was the railing the fog was so bad. We could have come to visit you but we both would have been little kids. :o