Phases of Life

eth2

"My usual dinner after a strenuous session hitting the weights in the gym of one X-large pizza with double pepperoni and triple cheese, 24 wings all coated with a generous portion of the atomic hot sauce, and six pitchers of the best draught beer on tap to top it off, has turned into 15 minutes on my “Total Gym” followed with small portions of prunes and all bran plus a teaspoon of Metamucil. However, my memories of my youth cannot be taken away."

Only a teaspoonful? I do a tablespoonful of Metamucil daily, but, then again, I started listening to Klipsch in the 60s.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

"My usual dinner after a strenuous session hitting the weights in the gym of one X-large pizza with double pepperoni and triple cheese, 24 wings all coated with a generous portion of the atomic hot sauce, and six pitchers of the best draught beer on tap to top it off, has turned into 15 minutes on my “Total Gym” followed with small portions of prunes and all bran plus a teaspoon of Metamucil.  However, my memories of my youth cannot be taken away."

Only a teaspoonful? I do a tablespoonful daily, but, then again, I started listening to Klipsch in the 60s.

Thank you, I see that I have something to look forward to in the 'phase of my life' that involves the next ten years. 

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 1

my latest phase has me setting here dizzy / lightheaded, pain meds gotta love em. I so want to go to bed now but have another 2+ hours of babysetting the hard drive transfer :(

once i get settled I am going usb 3 all the way this damn 11.3 mbps transfer rate is crap............................

​If only we could do it over … at about 14 i entered the wonderful world of drugs.  Honestly thought everyone did them because i only knew one person that didn’t. it wasn’t until i was older that i realized that it wasn’t everyone -- just everyone i hung out with.  It was a long road that took years to travel and left me with permanent scars. Spent all those years, while people are going to proms and all that social stuff, in an altered state and with people just as messed up as me. Some got busted. Some died. I walked away from that lifestyle and those friends and never looked back -- and have zero contact with the people from the “dark years." So i’m happy for those of you that have pleasant memories--my memories, well they’re collateral damage.  But i’m all cleaned up -- so I’m making memories now. 

Edited by BigStewMan

Remember when you were really, really young and Christmas, Birthdays, etc. gave you a feeling like no other?  As you get older that incredible excitement becomes less and less until one day its almost gone and suddenly you get to re-live it with one of your youngsters.  It only took me 46 years, but I am grinning bigger than I have in a least 30 years. Blow off the BS and make every day count.

4C1A4B15-00FF-48E9-BAEB-CA4286563CF4.jpg

Awesome pic man.

I recently got re-married and adopted 2 teenage girls. I'm happier now, I feel truly blessed.

• Like 1

Remember when you were really, really young and Christmas, Birthdays, etc. gave you a feeling like no other?  As you get older that incredible excitement becomes less and less until one day its almost gone and suddenly you get to re-live it with one of your youngsters.  It only took me 46 years, but I am grinning bigger than I have in a least 30 years. Blow off the BS and make every day count.

4C1A4B15-00FF-48E9-BAEB-CA4286563CF4.jpg

Awesome pic man.

I recently got re-married and adopted 2 teenage girls. I'm happier now, I feel truly blessed.

sounds like you are.  Congrats brother.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Great picture Maxx. it really is, it's just what that feeling described looks like. Perfect 

I am going to have to go against what many here said, yes I had a great childhood, I couldn't have asked for a better one. But to me I am having more fun and enjoying myself more now that I am older, 57. The only reason I can think of as a reason is I know what I like and want, and do not really care about what anyone does or think, it's not my problem. I realize I only have so much time left whatever that may be, and I an going to enjoy it, it is really that simple.  

I have a good wife, kids and grandkids ( the last 2 in moderation). :D

I am not saying whatsoever that I can do what I did when younger, or now have an occasional pain for no reason but I can do anything I could do when younger, just a little slower.  

Life is good...........................do this mean I am about to kick the bucket with things going so good ? :o  :D

• Like 2