LaScala II HT setup 14K

finallygotmyheresies

Overpriced but those black beauties sure look awesome!

Black not as appealing as a good veneer wood grain though. The sound has always been the most important for me, and 4 Jubilees would annihilate those LaScala IIs for sound, I would opt for a veneer beauty panel on them as well . He has a center channel that is not center matched , not enough sub woofer and a who cares receiver. If I could get $14,000 for 7 TSCMs, I would buy 5 Jubilees, sell my 4 subs and buy an 1802 and call it a day. I could always move up to 7 Jubilees and a second 1802 later.

Roger

Overpriced but those black beauties sure look awesome!

Black not as appealing as a good veneer wood grain though. The sound has always been the most important for me, and 4 Jubilees would annihilate those LaScala IIs for sound, I would opt for a veneer beauty panel on them as well . He has a center channel that is not center matched , not enough sub woofer and a who cares receiver. If I could get $14,000 for 7 TSCMs, I would buy 5 Jubilees, sell my 4 subs and buy an 1802 and call it a day. I could always move up to 7 Jubilees and a second 1802 later.

Roger

I usually like a good actual wood grain also, but I have to admit that black looks very nice.

For $14,000, I'd sell 7 TSCM speaker that would blow that LaScala II **** away and I have serial number 1 TSCM. For $14,000, I buy 4 brand new Jubilees and blow his used LaScala II junk in the weeds! Yeah, I think he is ALOT over priced!

Roger

Lol at you calling LaScala II's "junk". I'm sure you were being sarcastic.

For $14,000, I'd sell 7 TSCM speaker that would blow that LaScala II **** away and I have serial number 1 TSCM. For $14,000, I buy 4 brand new Jubilees and blow his used LaScala II junk in the weeds! Yeah, I think he is ALOT over priced!

Roger

Roger

LOL, the LaScala IIs are a lot prettier than the original LaScala, but at $14,000, they are still LaScalas, and I just don't play with anything that small anymore. Sure, I have owned plenty of LaScalas, never a LaScala II, but sonically, my TSCMs will dust them in efficiency, distortion, max SPL, and have a bottom end 35 Hz horn. In a nutshell, it isn't even a fair fight, and who in their right mind would pay that much for 4 used LaScala IIs when you could buy 4 NEW Jubilees. Have you ever spent any real time critically listening to Jubilees, in my personal opinion, they are sarcastically junk by comparison, like comparing reference to Heritage, I own both, but it isn't a fair comparison.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Buy my LS II's for $11999 and I'll definitely order some jubs...

I do plan on buying a few K-402 horns to go on top my LS II bass bins in the near future (even though I'll have to switch rooms around to fit them).  I'm picking up a DX-38 this week.  Too bad there's a 4-6 week lead time on K-402's.

If anyone's interested, I can sell my 4 LS II's and RC-64 for only $11999 :D  That's over $2000 less  :)

Planning on a jump to Jubilees with a beauty panel???

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Buy my LS II's for $11999 and I'll definitely order some jubs...

I do plan on buying a few K-402 horns to go on top my LS II bass bins in the near future (even though I'll have to switch rooms around to fit them).  I'm picking up a DX-38 this week.  Too bad there's a 4-6 week lead time on K-402's.

If anyone's interested, I can sell my 4 LS II's and RC-64 for only $11999 :D  That's over $2000 less  :)

Planning on a jump to Jubilees with a beauty panel???

Roger

Could get k510 and a 2" b&c driver. Would fit your room lay out and would still be a really nice upgrade. In a small room like that its going to sound really close (so I have been told).