Selling some "stuff."

eth2

Hi All,

I know this is a bad time to sell, but I thought I would put it on the Forum for a while before going to Audiogon or CL. I think I know what I want for my "final" system now, so I will try and pass the other items along. I have purchased all of these in the past year.

Harmon Kardon FL8380 6 disc CD player (does not have a remote) - $175/shipping

LaScalas (Raw Birch) - $1,200

Cornwalls (very nice condition)- $900

Parasound (w/remote) 2100 Preamp (a few scratches on top panel) - $350

Frazier Manhattans (some chipping to veneer in one corner - sound great) - $350

This is all in Ithaca, NY or Rochester, NY. I will send pictures if anyone is interested. Also, if you want anything and can't pay or pickup for a few months, that is fine.

Earl

Edited by eth2
  • Like 3

Hi All,

I know this is a bad time to sell, but I thought I would put it on the Forum for a while before going to Audiogon or CL. I think I know what I want for my "final" system now, so I will try and pass the other items along. I have purchased all of these in the past year.

VAC PA90(e)amplifier (This amp is upgraded to the latest Pi front end at a cost of over $2,000) - $2,200

Harmon Kardon FL8380 6 disc CD player (does not have a remote) - $200

Marantz 1250 Integrated Amplifier (excellent condition) - $550

LaScalas (Raw Birch) - $1,100

LaScalas (rebuilt Crites crossovers and tweeters. I refinished these and they are presentable but not professional by any means) - $900

Cornwalls (very nice condition)- $900

KLF-30's Nice shape (Bob Crites just rebuilt the crossovers and Ti tweeters)- $700. I am struggling with this.

Parasound (w/remote) 2200 Preamp (a few scratches on top panel) - $400

Frazier Manhattans (some chipping to veneer but sound great) - $450

This is all in Ithaca, NY or Rochester, NY. I will send pictures if anyone is interested. Also, if you want anything and can't pay or pickup for a few months, that is fine.

Earl

Pictures...we need pictures  :)

• Like 1

I have purchased all of these in the past year.

Wow; that's quite an accomplishment! Good luck with your sale.

If only that was all I had bought. :wacko:

This is what i did back in may/april this year. now have only what i need, so does the wife.

Tried everything, gave it a fair listen, then sold, all but one for the same price i bought it for.

• Like 2

I took these pictures July 2014 of Earl's Marantz 1250:

post-58280-0-07340000-1419884636_thumb.j

This amp was pristine, like new old stock.  The sound is crystal clear, especially articulate in the midrange.

+++

Are you sure about that $550 price, Earl?  I found two completed listings on Ebay in the last month for $710 and $818!  :o

post-58280-0-95460000-1419884680_thumb.j

post-58280-0-23780000-1419884699_thumb.j

post-58280-0-46820000-1419884711_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

KLF-30's Nice shape (Bob Crites just rebuilt the crossovers and Ti tweeters)- $700. I am struggling with this.

Keep it!

OK

Great decision. I upgraded a pair the exact same way and would struggle selling them as well :)

Opus really had to twist Earl's arm on that one!   :lol:

• Like 1

Opus really had to twist Earl's arm on that one!   :lol:

It was about as difficult to convince him to buy it too.   :D  

For our Audio Anonymous meeting, Earl and I were comparing our Lists of Shame for 2014.  

He bought a lot more electronics (and definitely higher end stuff), I bought more speakers, and I am sure I logged more miles.

We are searching for the next AudioA meeting (and looking forward to the swap meet afterwards).  :P  

• Like 4

LOL!  Opus, you and Earl acknowledging you have a problem is the First Step in the Audio-holics Anonymous 12-step program, congratulations, you are on your way to recovery. 

The Second Step is purging yourselves from your material gains by donating your equipment to a worthy charity.  The "wvu80 Retirement Fund" is the best charity I can think of, and I'm willing to accept donations from you guys, if it will help you.

I have no idea what the Third Step is.  I never got past the first two steps.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4