HDTracks Free Hi Res Sampler, Any Catches?

willland

Download to PC. Once they have your email address, they'll start sending you discount codes. The first they sent me was 25% off my first purchase. Seems like a get a new email with codes every week or so.

To the others that say they have downloaded samplers, do the samplers change? Can you download more than one sampler if they do change? Reading a couple of the posts, it sounds like some of you have downloaded more than one sampler. Or maybe I misread?

• Like 1

I did download to my PC but Windows Media Player will not play FLAC and I don't want to convert to WAV and make the files that much bigger.

I started another thread about free alternatives to WMP.

Oh, my HTC One M8 does play hi res at least up to 24bit 96kHz.  Not sure about 24Bit 192Khz.

Thanks again,

Bill

• Like 2

Have you looked at the section on HDTracks website that tells you about the different file types you can download? They have a list of which type will play with different players. Check that out and it will give you an idea of which players to try. Don't know if they are free or not. I use a Mac, so I don't know anything about Windows.

• Like 1

Bill,

Depending on the windows operating system, you can do a few different types. I have an XP and a Windows 7 computer. I just also downloaded it and it will default to JRIVER on one,but not the other. It will also tell you what your "player" is capable of playing. On one computer I can't gp higher than FLAC, but the other I can. And both have Windows Media Player.

• Like 1

I did download to my PC but Windows Media Player will not play FLAC and I don't want to convert to WAV and make the files that much bigger.

I started another thread about free alternatives to WMP.

Oh, my HTC One M8 does play hi res at least up to 24bit 96kHz.  Not sure about 24Bit 192Khz.

Thanks again,

Bill

Bill, I have JRiver Media Center, and i have upgraded it several times... If you would like one of my older licenses let me know (for free). I think I have 18, 19 plus 20 (I am using 20). The other option is Kodi (XBMC) as it is free, and also plays your movies, and FLACs.

Edited by ellisr63

Bill, I have JRiver Media Center, and i have upgraded it several times... If you would like one of my older licenses let me know (for free). I think I have 18, 19 plus 20 (I am using 20).

Thanks a bunch for the offer but I think I just need to hop of my indecisive(and cheap) fanny and pull the trigger on one of the suggested choices. :unsure:  :D

Bill

• Like 1

Bill, I have JRiver Media Center, and i have upgraded it several times... If you would like one of my older licenses let me know (for free). I think I have 18, 19 plus 20 (I am using 20).

Thanks a bunch for the offer but I think I just need to hop of my indecisive(and cheap) fanny and pull the trigger on one of the suggested choices. :unsure:  :D

Bill

Try Kodi... It is free.