Atmos Speakers?

artto

Is Klipsch going to introduce any Atmos speakers in the near future? In particular something can will sit on top of the front main speakers and fire up at the ceiling/front wall?

• Like 1

Thnx guys.

I should have known. Actually I the thought occured to me that one of the " big new things at CES" might be an Atmos speaker but I didn't feel like reading through the 45 or so pages of the post to find it. LOL.

So. I guess they're not out yet, and no pricing. I'm still undecided on a new receiver yet so I guess I can tolerate the wait.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't see any reason not to plop a KPT-100, KPT-200, KPT-8001 or a KPT-1201 down on top of a LaScala and call it a day. The only difference between them and the Atmos is they have much larger woofers and are likely more efficient.

dsc_13344r.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

KPT-8001_635042281266370000.jpg

KPT-1201 without a tweeter or a port tube. Chad, you might want to update this picture.  :)

KPT-1201_635042281122590000.jpg

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

Would these kpt mounted on the ceiling be a better employment for Atmos like in their Atmos theaters I'd rather or I'm planning to go that route in the future

No doubt about it. I wonder if the new Premier Atmos speaker tops wouldn't make good ceiling speakers too. Like you said, cinema Atmos speakers look just like KPT surrounds, and the new Premier Atmos speakers look just like little KPT surrounds.

• Like 1

I saw a video recently detailing the process these Atmos speakers utilize to get the effect and, from what I can gather, it would not be desirable over mounting speakers in the high position or on the ceiling. The Atmos use speakers use iffy filtering and reflections to achieve the effect. It rarely works well over discrete speakers, from what I gather.

I would trade a pair of Heresy's for those KPT's pictured.  Perched atop my La Scala's as stated.

OK. I love Heresy's. These 200's are wasted on me. Not in use.  Got any pics, and how in the world would we get these swapped? We're like 700 miles apart. Why not buy a pair from me, and risk shipping one way only?

Let me know...

I have some Frazier F124H I thought of using to place in the ceiling. Closest thing to Klipsch you will most likely find. The sonics match very well with Heritage. I have Klipschorns, Belles, and La Scala in my system. The Fraziers would be a pain to mount flush, but it can be done.

Edited by Rivervalleymgb