Lord of the Rings DVD is just AWESOME

Dafishguy

The DVD is great, the sound UNBELIEVABLE, sit back and try to relax, if you can, and it's not boring, when you have dual ultras, your *** shaking and everything!!!!

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ samson 1000 watt amp

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel that The Fellowship of the Rings was too long, be glad that the publisher broke Tolkien's original work, The Lord of the Rings, into three pieces to publish because he though _it_ was too long. And you might want to pass on the extended edition coming out later this year which has 30 minutes extra.

Definitely a lot of bass, some of it where it doesn't belong.

This past Friday evening, I had something like 8 people over to watch LotR (Try to pack 8 people into that itty-bitty little 14x14 foot room where my HT is setup Smile.gif ) and they all thought it was totally awesome Smile.gif. Some of the guys that were over works with me at my company and I got nothing but Kudos and thanks for letting them come over. Needless to say, all of them were quite impress with the sound quality of the '7s.

Personally, I found this movie to be far from being boring. The first time I saw it, the 3 hours seem to have going by in nothing flat. I hightly recommend this movie to anybody to at least rent and see once, especially if you are into the SF and Fantasy genre.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This is a beautiful movie. I can appreciate the work that went into this production on both an audio and video level. New Zealand provides quite a nice backdrop for many of the scenes.I'll probably act like my nutty self and purchase all the DVDs.There is a good amount of eye candy in this film.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

watched it for the first time today... must say it is awesome as well! totally rocked.

8 - sound, great bass, oh my! sound effects, voices, etc near perfect would be a 9 or ten but no DTS track, no 6.1 EX for those who have it... (me) I would have liked a slightly better sound track. Such great soundtracks come from movies like Last of the Mohicans. Though it only really had 1 real song, it is an excellent tune. As well as The Mask of Zorro.

9 - picture, effects were great, but not perfect. you could see the bats had no faces, just black, like the good ol' hitchcock days. i am really picky, would have liked to have it high def (not quite there yet are we MPEG?) so that each blade of grass, each fiber of hair would have been there, seperate from all others.

i am really picky, i could write a two page article on just about any movie i have seen to analyze what i would improve and what was good. let me jus summarize here Smile.gif

over all, buy the movie.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

i don't remeber a single scene where there was any blood. nothing like gladiator, by no means.

there is no bad language, at all. some of the creatures are scary lookin', but not for an 8 year old.

one head is cut off, but it is a monsters so does it really matter? hehe. one guy, a good guy, gets some arrow wounds, but still no blood.

i take it back, there are a few, very few, glimpses of blood, but like i said, nothing like gladiator or saving private ryan etc. not like last of the mohicans either.

if i were an adult and had a mature 8 year old, not one that would laugh at someone being struck by an arrow, i would certainly let him watch it. but i am only 18, what do i know? Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

FYI, the movie is rated PG-13, primarily becaouse there are some big battle scenes and some violance. However, just like Justin said, there is no foul language and there is very, very little blood. Mostly the little bit you see streaming from mouth's near the end. There is also the instance where a head gets lopped off, but there is no blood spurting and the head is of a monster/bad guy. If you feel your 8 year old kid is muture enough to watch something like this, then by all means let him.

Also to add, there is no nudity or sex either.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 08-25-2002 at 07:00 PM

i hav now watched it three times... Smile.gif all in like 4-5 days. probable watch it tomorrow too Smile.gif LoL just getting ready for the next one. Gonna finish the book also. BTW, there is a new Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring DVD coming out, total of 4, yes 4 discs! This one has two, the new one, coming out in November, will have the movie as it was supposed to be shown, with 30+ minutes of screen play! Gonna buy that one too, though it is gonna be around $47 and won't fit in the DVD rack i built yesterday... oh well, just will have to sit on the player, will be ther anyways hehe. I can not wait till the next one comes out!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

• 3 weeks later...

"Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" kicked BIG BOOTY! Smile.gif

I haven't watched the DVD, but I did watch the movie in a theater. EXCELLENT SOUND! VERY loud with great bass! Overall, it is one of my favorite movies out there and it is definitly a MUST BUY! Smile.gif

I can't wait for "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"!

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

I liked the part when they killed (sorry don't know the name) the huge bad guy at the beginning of the movie. Then it looks like a bomb goes off and the bass goes vroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm. You can actually hear and feel it go past you.

------------------

27" 3 line digital comb filter JVC TV

Denon AVR-2802 Receiver

Denon CDM-270 CD Player

Aiwa DVD Player (sucks)

Klipsch RF3-II's Fronts

Klipsch RC3-II Center

Infinity HPS-250 Subwoofer

Yamaha ??? surrounds

69"X76" Hand made oak entertainment center.

quote:

Originally posted by JasN00b:

i just thought... this movie would be so incredibly in iMax...

they're porting SW: EP2 to iMax... and a simpsons... PLEEEEEEEEASE mabey possibly LOTR?!?

Ever been to an OmniMax? Now THAT would be awesome!!!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me