Afroman concert

Paducah Home Theater

that's the dude who punched the girl that came on stage. I woulda beat the crap pout of him if I was that guy that came up to go after her to see if she was OK. Granted, she shouldn't have come up to him, but still if you are putting yourself on stage you expect that's going to happen at some point.

Edited by Jim

Despite being drunk and doing a "hey look at me on stage," the poor girl didn't deserve to be throat punched. He's lucky he didn't kill her from the punch or her hitting the stage with her head that was behind them. The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

• Like 1

I agree with Max's comment. Why shouldn't it have been said? If the guitarist was white and the girl black all hell would've broken loose,just like it did in Ferguson. Damn straight Sharpton, the news,Jackson, Obama and his croonies would have already been there and he would have been lynched. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY RACIAL IMPLICATIONS ARE MENTIONED.

As a spill over for the other discussion had about blacks, how is anyone supposed to not look at them the way they do when they do sh&t like this?

You can't honestly say you wouldn't have said string up the white guy for beating on poor blacky.

All of these racial implications will continue until things like this stop. Did he have to hit her, and then continue playing? Why didn't he stop to see if she was OK? Other artists have stopped their concerts to check on the well being of someone that got hurt. What makes it right for him to do it?

Read my comments above, I would've beat him like he owed me money.

That in my mind is a flat out N-word, he's not black or African American in my book.

It is ashame that each man can't be judged on his merits and not lumped into racial groups when he does something wrong.  People say what they really feel when incidents like this happen and it is an insight to their true nature.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Mark,

You are 100% correct, it was a he for this instance. But again, this is something I see almost daily, and something I have seen growing up over the years, so my own ignorance does come out at times saying "they".

And before we get into "race" just so you know, and I'm sure you read my beliefs on where we all come from, I have had Black girlfriends, Hispanic girlfriends, Asian, Indian, Arab, and White. My wife is Dominican (which we know are crossed with Spanish and Black heritage) and her skin tone is well darker than mine. I just want you to be aware of where I am coming from with my comments.

He as I said would have gotten the crap kicked out of him if I were the guy chasing after that girl. No person deserves to be treated that way, especially a woman.

It is ashame that each man can't be judged on his merits and not lumped into racial groups when he does something wrong.  People say what they really feel when incidents like this happen and it is an insight to their true nature.

Agreed. 

He would have swung at whatever color person was behind him (my opinion).  I've also seen white men do unbelievably stupid things.  I never once thought "there's a black guy punching a white girl" rather, what an idiot.

• Like 1

Derrick,

So you also understand, I have 4 kids 3 are 13 year old triplets and are Salvadorian mix and my youngest is 10 and is Dominican mixed. Please tell me what I really feel being you know my background. And before you say something, I am also mixed Dutch, German, Irish, and Hispanic myself.

Agreed. 

He would have swung at whatever color person was behind him (my opinion).  I've also seen white men do unbelievably stupid things.  I never once thought "there's a black guy punching a white girl" rather, what an idiot.

I agree 100% but completely understand how some are quick to draw up comparisons after having the above mentioned incidents shoved down our throats for months on end. As our fearless leader once stated, "She could of been my daughter!" :rolleyes:

As a spill over for the other discussion had about blacks, how is anyone supposed to not look at them the way they do when they do sh&t like this?

You can't honestly say you wouldn't have said string up the white guy for beating on poor blacky.

Please tell me what I really feel being you know my background. And before you say something, I am also mixed Dutch, German, Irish, and Hispanic myself.

No one but you truly know how you feel  inside.  We can only use our interpretations of the words that you post to form an opinion about you.

Agreed. 

You are a better person than me, I saw a black man hitting a white young woman.

I do agree however, whether it was a woman, man, white, black, or any other color they would have been hit as he didn't tkae the time to look at who or what was there.

Now if all could explain that are saying they don't see color, why is it that he's not in jail, and why didn't a riot start? But why did one start in Ferguson?

Akon grew up in Jersey City and was an A-Hole when I knew him and even more so now with his "henchmen" to back his rear end up. This is what todays black role model looks like.

I didn't see a black man here either throw a white person around.

Mark,

Should this be a aprt of our reparations to the black community we spoke about in the other thread? Let them personally physically abuse us for what happened 50+ years ago? Give them land, money, physical abuse allowed towards us? Sorta like we did for the Indians in a sense? Will this m,ake up for things somewhat?

Or should ALL DENOMINATIONS get together and say, we've beat the living crap out of each other for centuries and enough is enough. Let's move forward as a species. Don't forget what happened, just accept it happened and move on.

This is what todays black role model looks like.

There are black doctors, lawyers, actors, actresses, a ton of musicians that are great role models.  It is up to each individual to decide who is an appropiate role model.  Jim, I would stop before you need a shovel.  It would have been easier and simpler to say he and not they.  Heck, you can even do that now.  Sometime it is good  to know when to defend a statement and when it is not worth it.

• Like 1

Derrick,

If you look at my posts in the "off the record" thread, that's exactly what I said, I said look at people like Neil Degrassi, look at Cosby before he had the issues he has now, look at the other scientists that are grouped with Degrassi.Look at Oprah, and I said these are the people who should be looked up to by the black community, and that those people should speak out like Cosby has to their communities. I also stated that it was and is easier for them to look to people like a Snoop Dog and Jay-Z thug rapper type who preach negativity, not positive action. I also said to look at people like Michael Jordan and what he did. Everyone wanted "to be like Mike". And I was told that it wasn't possible as there were to many negatives going on with what has happened for their communities to change. Maybe not those exact words, but along those lines.

I also did say above how I should have used he instead of them.

Me needing a shovel or not doesn't bother me, and I say it in a nice way. I am a big boy and can take any heat that's drawn my way. I believe there's good and bad in every denomination, I myself came from a white trash background and if you read the other post you will see. I came from drug addict parents that died from AIDS and Heroin, beat me on a daily basis, and had nothing but bad to say to me. I left home when I was 16. I've worked since I'm 9. I had both my legs,arm broken from my father, my skull fractured from him, and told I was a worthless piece of Sh&t from both parents. My brother and sister told me to leave home because they didn't look at me as their brother because I wasn't like the rest of my family. My parents bilked welfare because they were to lazy to work, and welfare compensated when selling drugs was slow for them.

I can go on and on about what happened to me, but all it did was make me work harder to make sure I wasn't white trash as an adult. I know sometimes it still comes out when I spew what I spew, but at the same time, I speak my mind and the truth based on what I grew up around, and what I personally see daily. I didn't get the luxury of growing up in a home, I grew up in tenements and apartment buildings and ghettos. I didn't have the luxury of a loving family as others do. I did however learn to see how the world really is, and how tehre aren't as many good people as we'd like to think there is. I learned it's easier to be lazy and sit back and get handouts instead of working your a$$ off. And whether or not the game is run by the almighty powerful whites, everyone can make a difference if they chose to. And where i live, they don't chose to do that.

So understand, even if I don't come off PC as to others on here, I am in no way againsy any denomination or skin color, there is good and bad in all,even within one's self. I just admit it out loud. We are all "racists" in some way whether politically, emotionally, or from person to person.

I like afroman but wow dude may need to chill. But at the same time in all honesty wonder what happened before if that chick was an issue while climbing onstage.

Iv seen some crazy ish as many of us have at concerts etc but wow dude was having a bad day :o