best sub for $700 or under to pair with rf7's and rc7 opinions needed

jordan122345

Awesome photo…..

Thanks I think I am suspecting sarcasm maybe or not??

No sarcasm at all. Those subs look great in your room, all that copper looks distinctive. I'll bet it sounds excellent….congrats man, I think you made a great decision on the Klipsch.

Awesome photo…..

No sarcasm at all. Those subs look great in your room, all that copper looks distinctive. I'll bet it sounds excellent….congrats man, I think you made a great decision on the Klipsch.

Well thank you very much. That was one of the main reasons for even looking at them was all the semi matching copper cones. Plus I have had good luck with all my other klipsch speakers for the last 15 years. I am hoping it will sound awesome. Not sure how my neighbors in my apartment are gonna feel about this. Lol but what do you da,sorry neighbors.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome photo…..

Well thank you very much. That was one of the main reasons for even looking at them was all the semi matching copper cones. Plus I have had good luck with all my other klipsch speakers for the last 15 years. I am hoping it will sound awesome. Not sure how my neighbors in my apartment are gonna feel about this. Lol but what do you da,sorry neighbors.

Did you just place the subs next to your speakers and call it good, or did you check for other better placement options throughout the room?  Rarely do subs sound best where they look best :D

Edited by superedge88

I second the SVS SB2000, just got one to go with my LaScala's strictly for 2 channel and am quite impressed! Very tight and musical sub, extends quite well where the LaScala's drop off. 

yep - you got my vote on the SVS SB2000- I use 2 with 2 pairs of scalas -and there are no voids whatsoever

• 1 month later...

Okay ended up getting a great deal on dual klipsch r115sw's for $1250 so I went with that thanks for the help all

That seems like a good deal but I asked this question in another thread last year and haven't heard from anyone:

If you really like the RSW-15, I urge you to try the new R-115SW. It will go toe to toe with the elder beast. I would even say it sounds better in a musical sense.

I am biased though as I was completely entrenched in all the new subwoofers released this fall. This coming from a person that owns two "modified" RSW-15s.

To answer the original thread title, I will respond by saying "we are listening to your cries". :)

Now that is interesting....At the time of the RSW-15's introduction they were considered to be one of the most musical subs on the market--If the R-115SW can accomplish that at half the price then that IS an accomplishment.

I would be interested in hearing any other RSW-15 owners who upgrade to the R-115SW opinions. That really seems like it could give those ID companies a run for their money!  

Has technology improved that much that for $600 you can have a sub as good or better than the RSW-15?

Edited by tkdamerica

Has technology improved that much that for $600 you can have a sub as good or better than the RSW-15?

I don't think so.  The RSW15 is one rock solid, punchy, fast, and loud sub that does wonders with music and can hold it's own with HT. 

Though, I do hope the new R-115SW is a good one.  It may not ever have legendary status like the RSW15 but from the reviews I have read, Klipsch has done a pretty good job with this one.

Bill

• Like 1

I don't think so.  The RSW15 is one rock solid, punchy, fast, and loud sub that does wonders with music and can hold it's own with HT. 

Though, I do hope the new R-115SW is a good one.  It may not ever have legendary status like the RSW15 but from the reviews I have read, Klipsch has done a pretty good job with this one.

Bill

I'm with you but Jay says the R-115SW performs better than a souped-up RSW-15 (he also admitted he could be biased)  and if that's the case, I actually don't need another subwoofer but at $600 I might consider moving my RSW-12 to another room and matching the newer sub with my RSW-15...That said the MV on both subs is about 1/3 and Audyssey sets them at -7.5 to achieve Reference level at 0 so I'm not hurting for SPL and my subs seem to be running as effieceint as my speakers--Possibly could go lower, but not louder.

I'm with you but Jay says the R-115SW performs better than a souped-up RSW-15

That's great to hear and if so, they really have a winner on their hands.  I really hope the amps can hold up more than a year or two as that's been their Achilles heel as of late.