Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry

Return of the Living Dead

Zombieland 

The Cabin in the Woods

Grindhouse

Starship Troopers

Last Action Hero

The Jerk

Just some of the ones I own off the top of my head .

Ha , The man with Two Brains

• Like 1

.oscarsear  -  those movies you listed, with the exception of Red Planet Mars aren't really a B movie selection, actually a big step up, unlike the aforementioned Red Planet Mars. And did anyone see "Terror From the Year 5000"?  What a stinker….. yet I remember I was 5 when my Dad took me to see it in the theater.  Haven't seen it since but I still recall that horrible scream from the burnt creature. OMG!

On another note, my Son told me not to see a movie called "The Room" which he said made "Manos, The Hands Of Fate" equal to "Citizen Kane".  

.oscarsear  -  those movies you listed, with the exception of Red Planet Mars aren't really a B movie selection, actually a big step up, unlike the aforementioned Red Planet Mars. And did anyone see "Terror From the Year 5000"?  What a stinker….. yet I remember I was 5 when my Dad took me to see it in the theater.  Haven't seen it since but I still recall that horrible scream from the burnt creature. OMG!

On another note, my Son told me not to see a movie called "The Room" which he said made "Manos, The Hands Of Fate" equal to "Citizen Kane".  

Guilty as charged.  I am gleefully naive about the nuanced trappings of Hollywoods sundry definitions and accomplishments.  IMHO most of what Hollywood has churned out has been rather lackluster.  A or B or whatever.

Maybe we should define what a B movie is.  I think of it as a low budget movie, stupid plot, with no-name actors in the lead roles with bad acting, and the movie is so bad it's like a train wreck, you can't help watching.

Any movie with Ronald Reagan.

Maybe we should define what a B movie is.  I think of it as a low budget movie, stupid plot, with no-name actors in the lead roles with bad acting, and the movie is so bad it's like a train wreck, you can't help watching.

Any movie with Ronald Reagan.

What?  You dare diss the Gipper???  The "Knute Rockne All American "Story?  Blasphemy!  I suppose you didn't like "Bedtime for Bonzo" either.  :angry:

Your statement is not a knock on the Gipper, Earl, it's an indictment of you for your lack of appreciation for the classics! 

:P

+++

I'll go on record as saying I hate B movies.  Why? Because they're terrible, that's why.  That's why I don't have a favorite. 

I will admit though, there was one movie whose actress as a kid I was in love with;  The Attack of the 50 foot woman!  :wub:

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman is a 1958 American low-budget science fiction feature film and starred Allison Hayes, William Hudson and Yvette Vickers.  The film was a take on other movies that had also featured size-changing humans, namely The Amazing Colossal Man and The Incredible Shrinking Man, but substituting a woman as the protagonist instead of a man. The story concerns the plight of a wealthy heiress whose close encounter with an enormous alien being causes her to grow into a giantess.[2]

Attack_of_the_50ft_Woman_(1958).jpg

Edited by wvu80

Iron Sky

Death Race 2000

Repo Man

Gumball Rally

Coffy

Black Dynamite

Piranha "newer versions"

I'm Gonna Get You Sucka

Team America

History of the World , Part Two

Rock n Roll High School

Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry

Return of the Living Dead

Zombieland 

The Cabin in the Woods

Grindhouse

Starship Troopers

Last Action Hero

The Jerk

Just some of the ones I own off the top of my head .

Ha , The man with Two Brains

Repo Man and Team America are on my all time favorites list, regardless of budget.

• Like 1

The question was "What was your favorite B movie" You then defined "B" movie as one with a low production budget. I responded any movie with Ronald Reagan was my favorite "B" movie.

What am I missing???

The joke.  :tongue:

+++

I must be too subtle.  My wife always seems to spot my dry sarcasm. She certainly points it out enough.

I'm just having some fun with you Earl.  Maybe that's a West Virginia thing, it's what guys to do in a group with other guys.  I'm sure any minor mix-ups in communication is more due to my inappropriate humor than your failure to get it.  :D

Edited by wvu80

The question was "What was your favorite B movie" You then defined "B" movie as one with a low production budget. I responded any movie with Ronald Reagan was my favorite "B" movie.

What am I missing???

Keep it simple Earl, you see what we are doing here, and i for one am sure learning the fact iv not seen chit compared to what is out there :o

What am I missing???

The joke.  :tongue:

+++

I must be too subtle.  My wife always seems to spot my dry sarcasm. She certainly points it out enough.

I'm just having some fun with you Earl.  Maybe that's a West Virginia thing, it's what guys to do in a group with other guys.  I'm sure any minor mix-ups in communication is more due to my inappropriate humor than your failure to get it.  :D

So let me see if I understand you. You are insinuating that I am not too bright.

And that from a Mountianeer!

• Like 1