Looks like an interesting thread ...over there

USNRET

I predict LOTS of opinions before and after the fact let alone the actual 'reviewers' comments. We get to combine 4 gauge power wire, what's hi-end / what's not, make sure you get enough sleep between listening sessions (sorry, I tend to not do that in the REAL world BURRRP), etc, etc during an amp 'shoot out'

I saw on the Emotiva site today that they sent over their XPA-2 amp to be included in the showdown. I own three of those amps and would love to see how they stack up Kind of weird how they have AVR's older amps and new amps all in the same competition. Should be interesting though. My buddy has a Bryston 4B-SST and he dismissed my XPA-2 simply becasue of the price it sells for. After a side by side comparo it earned his respect, and any differences were basically inaudible.

I like the idea of comparing the new dogs to the old standards, and including AVR's.  I also think they should include a $35 T-amp and see which Golden Ears can hear the difference.  :)

The only problem I see is they are testing more than a dozen amps.  I like amps and speakers n'stuff as much as the next guy, but I would be concerned that there is only so much happiness these testers can stand before their minds numb over.

Let me get this straight.  This 'evaluation" is taking place in a moving picture show house in Alabama?

Alabama?

So this listening test is being held by some guys with no shoes and overalls held up with a large baby pin.  They are going to chuck there possum huntin to put their ears to the test after driving up to said Bijou in a flatbed Ford without a muffler.

Now fired up on some corn, will the judges strangle a chicken's neck if they don't like the sound of a particular amp.

And another thing, where'd those bubbas learn the word "evaluation".

And where'd they get the money for amps in the first place?  Supervising those chain gangs must pay mighty well.