Poll & Prediction: Autonomous Car Equipment at 5k by 2019

Mallette

Autonomous Vehicles: Good or Bad  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are autonomous vehicles a good witch, or a bad witch?

• Good
    • Bad

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.

Yes, you can. Like ZT, you know who I really am and we've shared personal times I found priceless. If you'd prefer I go away I'd seriously consider it as I have enormous respect for you. Maybe I am too old and too liberal to be a moderator. I fought change here and lost. But I still love the memory of PWK and this place still has people who remind me of his legacy even if the rules remind me more of a modern corporation...which KGI is now. 

Dave

Not at all dude.  Don't misinterpret my stream of consciousness lyric memory as a comment about you.  The song is "comfortably numb" and is told in the first person, so if anything take it as a comment on myself...

Hell, if you left I probably would too.  After venting a lot of rage, naturally.

1 hour ago, Max2 said:

Just shooting for the toaster, should have known I was getting sand bagged.

See oldtimer for the toaster. Guess I had oughta thank him also for shooting that code. After all these year, finally can put it together...some

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Okies, just went to Kansas City to pickup my Caddy CT6 with Super Cruise, a 2500.00 option. Think I am calling this thread. It drove me flawlessly and hands free from KC to Fort Smith, AR, where I had to drop to full driver assist which handles all but requires hands on. 200, 000 miles of approved highways for SC and all the way from Texarkana to Yuba City, CA where I will be headed for a job with the Air Force in January. BTW, also goes from 0-60 in 4.3...

I am humbled by the level of tech on this thing. Truly extraordinary piece of engineering and far safer than I could ever be. Had one vehicle come down a ramp and enter the highway about 2 car lengths ahead and 10 mph slower. Car reacted with the precise braking required and resume speed when I moved to the left lane. Made a believe out of me!

Dave

• Like 2