K-Horn Alert in Phoenix

dougdrake

Mike - Unfortunately, a place for them would be someone else's house. There literally is no space for them in my house. There's not a decent corner in site in any room larger than a typical bedroom, except for the master bedroom. And any room large enough can't be arranged for false corners, either. Sheesh!!

Want 'em?

Doug

------------------

My System

I called him. Like Doug said, Walnut, original owner, bought in the 80's. My wife says we can look at them, so will try to get by today or tomorrow. He's is not too far away.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scala's (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1 Mainsc>s>

Cool find Doug, I can't believe people still put classified ads up in newspapers, especially with high end audio equipement. I would never think to go looking there. Keep you eyes peeled for some RS-3's for me Smile.gif

Jim - Where in Tempe do you live?

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:

Harman Kardon AVR-125

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609

Sony DVD DVP-S530D

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch RC-3

Polk Audio PSW650 sub

Scott,

I am near Guadalupe and the 101 in SE Tempe. As far as RS-3's, Showcase is having a sale this weekend. I had a flyer, but can't find it now. They are across from Lowe's at Ray and I-10, give them a call.

Gotta go look at some K-horns now! Not that I'm excited. Okay, so I am.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scala's (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Come on - aren't you guys going to fight over these? In any case, I'll keep tuned in to see if it turns ugly!

I guess i could call that dude and offer him 2G.

OK, that's it, this is my last beer til midnite!

N.P. Gaye Bykers On Acid (Stewed To The Gills - 1989)

Calm down guys, the fighting's over. Well there goes the budget. Thanks for the alert Doug, now where am I going to put them.

1977 walnut veneer, consecutive serial numbers, AA crossovers. Except for a couple of nicks in the veneer on one corner they are perfect. They could use some oil, but that's it. It took 2 trips to get them home in the Suburban, man they are big.

I gotta move some furniture to get them in place, so it will be awhile getting them up and playing, but I might set them up in the living room and use them 2 channel for now.

Scott, I am going to try to move the LaScalas to the rear, so if you don't get RS-3's this weekend let me know, I have some extras.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

Bedroom:

Wow, Jim, that's great. I didn't expect them to be in that great shape for $1500. I must confess to a bit of jealousy, because I probably could have force-fit them into my house somewhere, but it just didn't seem like the right thing to do. There'll always be another pair.

Not to get in a war with Scott on the RS-3s, but if you have some extra's you want to get rid of I may be interested.

Are you keeping the La Scala's? If not, I might be interested in them babies...

Doug

------------------

My System

Way to go Jim! Looks like a bargain and a happy ending to this story. $1500 (or less), huh?

Time for me to get on the road and do some rummage sales.

The wife gave me a $20 and said "get nuts".

If I see any Cornwallnuts or Khornnuts, look out kiddies!

Dale

n.p. WHO - Live @ Leeds

Jim - What are you wanting for your RS-3's? You can email me at ss2049@yahoo.com

Doug - Oh boy, it's on now! Wink.gif You're gonna try to steal some RS-3 from me aren't you? hehe We'll see about that....... Smile.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:

Harman Kardon AVR-125

Sony DVD DVP-S530D

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch RC-3

Polk Audio PSW650 sub

Here they are in their temporary location. I couldn't wait to listen to them. Unfortunately my old CD player died, so all I have to listen to is FM radio. They still sound good. I was wrong on the year, KB-WO, S/N's 13S092 & 93 so they are from 78.

Jim, we will have to compare notes as we get used to our new babies.

Wes, that sounds like a lot of work. The seller was about 20 miles away, so 2 trips was easier.

Dale, there are a lot of horn-nuts on the board, but I don't think $20 is enough. Good luck in your quest.

Doug, I am going to try to keep the Scalas for rear channels, but I will let you know if I decide to let them go.

Scott, I need to move these into the family room and move the Scalas to the back to see how I like it. If you are not in a hurry, I will give you first shot at the RS-3's if I decide to sell them.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll let you know how I am progressing.

Jim, I'm in no big hurry, so just let me know what you want for them when you're ready to sell. It's nice to buy locally too, no shipping, etc and I can check them out before hand, DOUBLE BONUS Smile.gif I've never heard K-horns before, maybe Doug and I can come by one day and hear them? I live in Gilbert, Greenfield and Germann area, so Tempe is not far for me, Doug's house on the other hand, that's far Smile.gif Remember Doug? hehe, I don't care though, I like to drive.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:

Harman Kardon AVR-125

Sony DVD DVP-S530D

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch RC-3

Polk Audio PSW650 sub

This message has been edited by Orange Peel on 08-10-2002 at 11:04 AM

Scott - Those RS-3s are all yours if Jim sells them. If you aren't interested, then I might be.

Here's another kick -- I missed this ad yesterday, but I think we really blew it. I'm not familiar with the McIntosh models, but check this out:

"McIntosh home theater, 6 chnnl, amp, MX 130 tuner, sub/wf, center & tower spkrs, $1500. (480)332-nnnn or 480-650-nnnn."

The last MSRP on the MX 130 was about $4500!!! I called the guy today -- this stuff sold about two hours after the ad hit the driveways. He said he had upgraded and basically just gave his old system away. I felt a little queasy. Anyone know much about this stuff?

Doug

------------------

My System

Doug - Thanks bud, I'll let you know what happens with the RS-3's.

Damn, that McIntosh stuff sounds like great deal, too bad you dropped the ball on that one eh? Wink.gif I know you really wanted a McIntosh amp.

I think I need to start reading the newspaper Smile.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:

Harman Kardon AVR-125

Sony DVD DVP-S530D

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch RC-3

Polk Audio PSW650 sub

Scott, Give me a couple weeks to move furniture & build false corners, and I would love to have you and Doug and anyone else in the area come over to listen.

Now I am going to have to resurect that tube amp in the garage and hook it up. This is a bad habit I'm picking up.

Jim