F/S MWM DIY bins $400 for 4

kg4guy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ara, love the pic and they look so cozy in those corners!!!!  Well, it's short a little bit on one corner, but I don't think it will make a noticeable difference in the sound.  Somebody got a great deal!!!!  Thanks for the pics!

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

Yes, when MWM's were in place everything in the room looked smaller. Unfortunately, my 52" flat screen now looks like a 36"... I really didn't realize how big they were until I got them home.

post-54865-0-01400000-1430052978_thumb.j

• Like 2

Guest David H

Yes, when MWM's were in place everything in the room looked smaller. Unfortunately, my 52" flat screen now looks like a 36"... I really didn't realize how big they were until I got them home.

That's a crazy looking setup!

Welcome to the forums.

Dave

Thanks for the welcome!

And yes, the Belles look like toys or even doll house speakers. 

I admit this setup is a bit "crazy" in an "out the top" overkill way.

My former setup used a nice set of Volti upgraded/modified Khorns as the front L/R channels, an RC 64ii center and the two Belles as surround channel speakers.  The Belle's became the new center channel and the Khorns moved to the surround speaker position. The two Belle's make a very nice HT center channel that create very clear dialogue and are seamless fit with the MWM's/402's for movies and such.      

The MWM/402 produce such an incredible sound! The shear quantity of quality sound that pours out of the MWM's has to be heard to be really understood. I thought the Khorns sounded great and they do, and everyone that's heard them has been duly impressed. But, the MWM's really changed my perspective on what's possible in terms of high quality HT sound. They raised the bar up to a whole new level.  Now, only if they didn't take up so much space...

I'm currently running the MWM/402's with passive Dean built Jubilee crossover networks. I can run them in stereo using either a JM Peach/Quicksilver Horn Mono setup or through my Onkyo HT preamp. They both sound incredible.   

• Moderators
The MWM/402 produce such an incredible sound! The shear quantity of quality sound that pours out of the MWM's has to be heard to be really understood.

I know how you feel, almost exactly, I tell people but they really don't know. The difference here is the crossover part, we went active, there were no crossovers for this setup when we set it up years ago.

Myself I just love the sound and how they look.

You got a great deal, from a nice guy. :emotion-21: Welcome and have fun

Edited by dtel

• Moderators
The MWM/402 produce such an incredible sound! The shear quantity of quality sound that pours out of the MWM's has to be heard to be really understood. I thought the Khorns sounded great and they do, and everyone that's heard them has been duly impressed.

This was exactly my thought the first time I heard them in Hope!!!!  I fell in love with the sound and we have never looked back.  And....yes, everyone that hears them, loves them!   

That's right, a "screaming deal" for sure! I've spent a lot more for a lot less too many times before. So, picking up 4 of these for the price seems better than a "good deal". The MWM's are indeed "Magnificent Woofer Machines"!

I'm looking into purchasing a better active crossover than my DCX 2496, which IMHO has super poor sound quality. So much so that I didn't even waste my time connecting it up to the MWM/402 system. A very reliable source suggested I give the Mini DSP 4x10 a serious look. The reviews look good and the thing is extremely versatile. If anyone out there is using the Mini DSP 4x10 I'd be happy hear what you think about it.