FS: Tuba HT folded horn 15" sub woofer

Golden86

Up for sale is my custom built Tuba HT sub woofer.  It uses the Dayton Audio 15" driver, and is built out of 1/2" MDF (3 whole sheets). It has a black ash vinyl veneer that wraps across the top and side, the other three sides are covered in a quality grill mesh. The size is 30"x37"x38", so make sure this fits through your door.

Pics can been seen here: http://imgur.com/a/3PC2M

This is the absolutely loudest and deepest sub you will ever hear (without spending $10K) and it also pairs well with any other horn loaded speakers.  If you don't know about this, please check out http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/THT.html

I'm asking $650 for the sub, you will have to supply your own amp.  I have been running it off a 75 watt(my larger amp died) plate amp recently and it will still rattle your insides.  I recommend an amp somewhere in the 200-500 watt range.

This is located in Elmhurst IL, a western suburb of Chicago.  It is pick up only and is very heavy, so bring a few friends to help.  If you have any questions, please fee free to ask.

Thanks

Mike

Awe some finish job. Like another member said most here are familiar with these but have probably not heard one(like me). If you were closer I'd be all over this.

GLWS and Welcome.

BTW Is black ash veneer a readily available product? How did you get yours?

Awe some finish job. Like another member said most here are familiar with these but have probably not heard one(like me). If you were closer I'd be all over this.

GLWS and Welcome.

BTW Is black ash veneer a readily available product? How did you get yours?

Its not real wood veneer, its a black ash vinyl I got from Parts Express.

Ima have to get some of that vinyl. You just cut it with a utility knife?

I tried a utility knife, its just not sharp enough.  You will want to get an exacto knife, its a much thinner blade and makes cleaner cuts.

• 2 weeks later...