Hi ,y name is derrick tate rick tate son

mrdltate

Hi my name is derrick tate me and my girl friend were heading home wednesday night I was in a different vehicle in front of them we pulled up to a stop sign at k and 2 hwy the speed limit is 55 I pulled out and went left they followed behind me after making a complete stop she pulled out into the intersection and made it to her lane when a car side swiped them and caught the rear door at 70 -80 mph  they didn't brake. all 3 of them were hospitalized my son was on the side that got hit both my kids got life flighted. my girlfriend is in bad shape. and to find out the other people don't have insurance.

do we know you mr tate... or is this just random?

1 post

there are crowd funding websites... and your local Television station can help.

Earl may know him or have a connection.

You have probably read about Derrick Tate's accident which also invoked his family. If you wish to help, I am posting his PayPal address. You have all been very generous in the past. Thank you for considering Rick's son and family.

Mrdltate@gmail.com

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/156586-derrick-tate-fund/

• Like 1

Hi my name is derrick tate me and my girl friend were heading home wednesday night I was in a different vehicle in front of them we pulled up to a stop sign at k and 2 hwy the speed limit is 55 I pulled out and went left they followed behind me after making a complete stop she pulled out into the intersection and made it to her lane when a car side swiped them and caught the rear door at 70 -80 mph  they didn't brake. all 3 of them were hospitalized my son was on the side that got hit both my kids got life flighted. my girlfriend is in bad shape. and to find out the other people don't have insurance.

how about the insurance coverage of your car - are you insured and will your insurance pick up any of the costs -

DWI LAWYER on this forum is the man to ask about the legal questions -he is a lawyer that know about car litigations - maybe he can counsel Rick Tate as to how to better get compensation for this accident -

Guest Steven1963

Get a lawyer and sue the uninsured motorist in civil court. If you win you can then garnish any wages and attach liens to any property. 

Good luck.

Get a lawyer and sue the uninsured motorist in civil court. If you win you can then garnish any wages and attach liens to any property. 

Good luck.

Steve  if the man who hit the car has no insurance , he definitely has no property - it is a catch 22 situation - the only way here for Rick Tate to get help is from his own insurance company , in so far as they would cover the third party liabilities like medical costs -    his insurance broker would have to be involved and state what if any coverage he has .-

-there is a lawyer - DWI LAWYER on this forum - let's hope he can give us a better legal opinion -

Guest Steven1963

Good luck.

Steve  if the man who hit the car has no insurance , he definitely has no property - it is a catch 22 situation - the only way here for Rick Tate to get help is from his own insurance company , in so far as they would cover the third party liabilities like medical costs -    his insurance broker would have to be involved and state what if any coverage he has .-

-there is a lawyer - DWI LAWYER on this forum - let's hope he can give us a better legal opinion -

I would not be so quick to draw to conclusion that just because there is no insurance on the car the individual has no assets.  It's at least worth a look. And if they have a job, 25 percent of that paycheck would be available for garnishment.

I think I read that there was only liability coverage on their car and if that's the case, his insurance company would not participate in this claim.

Validating compliance always seems to be an issue; however, if the accident report link is accurate in that the drivers were all licensed in Missouri, the information in the following links seem to indicate that Misouri requires some level of "uninsured motorist" insurance as part of the overall insurance requirement.  While there is no indication of a minimum amount, hopefully he has something in that regard.   

Currently looks like 21 states require uninsured motorist insurance while 15 states require some level of under-insured motorist insurance.

http://www.iii.org/issue-update/compulsory-auto-uninsured-motorists

http://insurance.uslegal.com/vehicle-insurance/state-by-state-insurance-requirements/

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your family.

Edited by Fjd

Hi this is Rick and yes Derrick is my son. I am a long time member here probably a few of oldest here. I wanted Derrick to tell what happened cause a few people have helped him out. I was not asking in any way . We both wanted to thank all of you for your support and wishes. We went to get his stuff out of his car and it is a wonder Gavin  age6 is alive. I looked in the other car it had  beer bottles all over it.

I thought it would be better if Derrick told about what he saw instead of me guessing. He took another picture of the car 11125288_1056055081075689_1890451770_n.j

This is the one at the scene not that good maybe he can post the one he took today Gavin was sitting on diver side back seat and Derrick had to dig him out of the door stuff. Well once again thanks for wishes and help he has got from my forum member friends. As always if anyone needs help in the Kansas city area with anything call...text ...email ...me I will be glad to help.   Rick

Wow Rick, that is crazy.  It is a true miracle anyone survived.

Prayers and wishes for Derrick, his kids and his girlfriend, and your entire family.

Also prayers for the occupants in the other vehicle.

Bill