Hope dates for next year (2016) Road construction thoughts

jimjimbo

Bo Jackson was the best true athlete ever. Some of his accomplishments were remarkable. That ESPN 30 for 30 episode was excellent about him.

this video was making the rounds on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. 

http://m.mlb.com/video/v59454983/?c_id=mlb

WOW…that video gave me chills!!  That young boy will someday learn about Bo's accomplishments, and realize who he was chatting with. Thanks for sharing that.

BigStewMan, I promise it would be worth your while!!!
I hope so.  It is a bit intimidating though.  A lady at work once told me, “you know that filter between the brain and the mouth that keeps people from saying inappropriate things … you don’t have one.” I wouldn’t want to be run out of town (unless the next town over is more fun--see i can’t help myself).

Seriously, my problem (which in my opinion isn’t a problem) is that i’m rarely serious and would rather joke around and laugh -- sometimes i just pick the wrong time to do that … like at my Aunt’s funeral (that’s a story for another time).

Steve 

• Like 1

I hope so.  It is a bit intimidating though.  A lady at work once told me, “you know that filter between the brain and the mouth that keeps people from saying inappropriate things … you don’t have one.” I wouldn’t want to be run out of town (unless the next town over is more fun--see i can’t help myself).

Seriously, my problem (which in my opinion isn’t a problem) is that i’m rarely serious and would rather joke around and laugh -- sometimes i just pick the wrong time to do that … like at my Aunt’s funeral (that’s a story for another time).

Steve 

if i can go and survive, so can you. ;)

• Like 2

That ESPN 30 for 30 episode was excellent about him.
Yes it was--archary too?  Is that the documentary where the doctor basically said if he wasn’t practically superhuman, that hip injury wouldn’t have been as bad?  His legs were just so strong that a regular person wouldn’t have suffered as much damage.  I wonder if Bo knows speakers.  Maybe we should invite him to Hope next year. 

Steve 

Since I made it thru the weekend without being banned I believe that you will go thru with flying colors!

• Like 2

Steve 

if i can go and survive, so can you. ;)

I guess i can steal someone’s name tag -- at least on Day One.  

• Moderators

Steve 

This crowd intimidating.....never!!!!

• Like 1

A lady at work once told me, “you know that filter between the brain and the mouth that keeps people from saying inappropriate things … you don’t have one.”

See there are more of us out there. My HR Business Partner likes to tell all that "Mike is Mike, he is consistent and treats everyone the same, you might not like it but he doesn't single anyone out, he's that way with everyone".

Edit: Wait a minute, after I read that I ask myself if that is a good thing...........maybe not

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

A lady at work once told me, “you know that filter between the brain and the mouth that keeps people from saying inappropriate things … you don’t have one.”
See there are more of us out there. My HR Business Partner likes to tell all that "Mike is Mike, he is consistent and treats everyone the same, you might not like it but he doesn't single anyone out, he's that way with everyone".

Equal opportunity offender?

A lady at work told me her friend got hearing aids (i have profound hearing loss). I asked her if you get hearing aids from oral sex?  Some other person heard me say it and approached me and asked me not to repeat that joke because it was offensive.  I apologized to her and then said “i should save that one for a more intellectual crowd.”  She said that would be a good idea.  I walked away thinking, “What i just said was offensive and she was cool with that."

Edited by BigStewMan

Equal opportunity offender?

A lady at work told me her friend got hearing aids (i have profound hearing loss). I asked her if you get hearing aids from oral sex?  Some other person heard me say it and approached me and asked me not to repeat that joke because it was offensive.  I apologized to her and then said “i should save that one for a more intellectual crowd.”  She said that would be a good idea.  I walked away thinking, “What i just said was offensive and she was cool with that."

Well, I would never survive the day in my corporate environment with that joke.

Steve

Since I made it thru the weekend without being banned I believe that you will go thru with flying colors!

So you didn't get the memo huh???

• Like 1

I hope so. It is a bit intimidating though. A lady at work once told me, “you know that filter between the brain and the mouth that keeps people from saying inappropriate things … you don’t have one.” I wouldn’t want to be run out of town (unless the next town over is more fun--see i can’t help myself).Seriously, my problem (which in my opinion isn’t a problem) is that i’m rarely serious and would rather joke around and laugh -- sometimes i just pick the wrong time to do that … like at my Aunt’s funeral (that’s a story for another time).Steve
So far everyone has been politely silent, well at least in the public forum.

I guess I missed the Coytee photo.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

I hope so. It is a bit intimidating though. A lady at work once told me, “you know that filter between the brain and the mouth that keeps people from saying inappropriate things … you don’t have one.” I wouldn’t want to be run out of town (unless the next town over is more fun--see i can’t help myself).Seriously, my problem (which in my opinion isn’t a problem) is that i’m rarely serious and would rather joke around and laugh -- sometimes i just pick the wrong time to do that … like at my Aunt’s funeral (that’s a story for another time).Steve
So far everyone has been politely silent, well at least in the public forum.

I guess I missed the Coytee photo.

The hyperlink on post #58!!!

So far everyone has been politely silent, well at least in the public forum.I guess I missed the Coytee photo.
The hyperlink on post #58!!!

Why did I follow that, burned retina oh my