Air & Space Museum

Audio Android

post-46907-0-83680000-1429433573_thumb.jThat plane flew over 200 missions...You never really know how much goes into restoring these planes until you see one in pieces on the hangar floor.....It would be easier to build an entire 63' 250 GTO Ferrari with hand made body panels you formed yourself over a wooden buck you also built, than any one piece of that fuselage... 

Edited by Audio Android

Were you at the newer Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center facilty at Dulles?

The original Air & Space Museum on the mall and the annex at Dulles are fantastic places.  The only cost at Dulles is ~$20 to park, so load up the RV and take a group.

Thanks for posting.

Here is an image resizer that works: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/82827

There's a small learning curve.

My old compuer had a resizer program that was a breeze.  Right click on any jpeg and pick your new size.  I wish I could locate that tool today.

Edited by DizRotus

The air and space museum in Indy is free and huge we could have spent 2 days there. I did not see a black bird though it might have been in stealth mode. lol .We stopped on the way from the forum meet that year on our way to rock and roll hall of fame. We also stopped at Orville and Wilbur wrights shop and museum. I noticed in the pics at the museum some family helped them on the beach with their plane was last name of Tate must be a relative.

What museum are these pictures on this post from? Rick

The museum is the Smithsonian Air & Space museum at Dulles airport in Chantilly, Va, right outside D.C.....It's named the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy center(oodvar--Hawzy). The man is a Hungarian/American who donated 66 million to help build it. He is a CEO of an aerospace company I completely forget the name of .....The single biggest donation in Smithsonian history. It's the most amazing place, you need at least 2 FULL days open to close, to soak up everything inside. I've been there 4/5 times and spent 5 hours in there Friday and missed one whole side of the main hangar and rushed through the Space section.........Thanks for the HELP with the pics. I'll look through the options and load more pics when I get it sorted out.....Thanks Guys... :smile:  :emotion-21:

I'm trying to make my files smaller to upload more pics but i can't find how to do it through iPhoto.. :wacko:  :angry2:

Thank you for posting the pic's, and please DON'T compress these.

I really need to take my girlies to check it out, thanks again.

I love the Smithsonian Air and Space museums too. Went last summer to both. Have been to the one on the Mall several times, and the Dulles one twice. Funny thing is when Transformers came out, I expected to see the boneyard outside the Dulles museum. There isn't one.   :)

I think the actual airplane boneyard for Transformers is in a desert somewhere.

Anywho, nice pictures! Keep em coming!

Edited by mustang guy