Hospice crawfish fest

dtel

This sounds like an awesome event!!! I have never had this type of boil. Sent the wife looking for some of the spice you mentioned and pulled out some crab legs from the fridge, if she cant find it I will do my usual of old bay and homemade Cajun/blackening seasoning.... Wish we could get fresh crayfish around here, the Asian markets have them, but they always look lethargic. Fun event it would be worth the trip it sounds like....

There were a lot of people from surrounding states and other areas of the country.  If you let us know we could always ship you some crab/shrimp/crawfish boil seasoning!

Thanks for the offer!!! My wife picked up some Zatarain's, sadly its just a little box...... if you could pm me with a price for your favorite type of spice for a good boil/ homemade or otherwise  I will send you a check!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

This sounds like an awesome event!!! I have never had this type of boil. Sent the wife looking for some of the spice you mentioned and pulled out some crab legs from the fridge, if she cant find it I will do my usual of old bay and homemade Cajun/blackening seasoning.... Wish we could get fresh crayfish around here, the Asian markets have them, but they always look lethargic. Fun event it would be worth the trip it sounds like....

There were a lot of people from surrounding states and other areas of the country.  If you let us know we could always ship you some crab/shrimp/crawfish boil seasoning!

Thanks for the offer!!! My wife picked up some Zatarain's, sadly its just a little box...... if you could pm me with a price for your favorite type of spice for a good boil/ homemade or otherwise  I will send you a check!!!

Juniper, just PM me your address, give me a couple of days...I'll pick some up when I'm at the grocery store next time and I'll ship it to you!!!  If you like it we can always ship you more.  Hint: the key to good flavor is letting the seafood soak a little bit after boiling!

• Moderators

How does it taste with Ketchup?

Perfect for you Stew.

And you may have be the only one even thinking about adding ketchup, but you are kind of original anyway. :P

I have to say it's not a big surprise but you could bring your own, you might have gotten some strange looks ? :D

• Like 1

Perfect for you Stew.

And you may have be the only one even thinking about adding ketchup, but you are kind of original anyway. :P

I have to say it's not a big surprise but you could bring your own, you might have gotten some strange looks ? :D

That wouldn't be the first time.  Was at an English Pub having lunch one day -- I was polite and told everyone to use the ketchup first because there wouldn't be any left after I was done.  The waitress came by and stopped and said, "I've never seen anyone use so much ketchup in my life."  Was in Reno once, eating breakfast at this place where there was a large window showing the kitchen.  I was at the counter eating and my cousin pointed out the fact that the cook was looking at me through the window with a very disapproving look on his face--my cousin suspected it was because there was only ketchup visible on my place. I'm accustomed to being teased about it too--at my last job, one of the ladies gave me bottle of ketchup as a going away present--my Aunt gave me a humongous jug of it for a birthday present once.  I just love the stuff.  oh yeah, did I tell you it's magic?

Maybe some ketchup mixed with horseradish and lemon.....but it really isn't necessary....unless your taste buds are impaired from eating too much ketchup!   :unsure:

oh no -- I tell people to consider it a compliment as I wouldn't waste perfectly good Ketchup on crappy food.

I'm also a huge fan of horseradish and lemon.  In fact a spoonful of ketchup, horseradish, and lemon right now sounds better than a second cup of coffee.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Maybe some ketchup mixed with horseradish and lemon.....but it really isn't necessary....unless your taste buds are impaired from eating too much ketchup!   :unsure:

oh no -- I tell people to consider it a compliment as I wouldn't waste perfectly good Ketchup on crappy food.

I'm also a huge fan of horseradish and lemon.  In fact a spoonful of ketchup, horseradish, and lemon right now sounds better than a second cup of coffee.

Okay, as long as you will go for the ketchup, horseradish and lemon, maybe it would be okay.  Although, the ketchup, horseradish and lemon is typically reserved for shrimp!  At least you wouldn't get quite as many "odd" stares!!!!  Down here you don't need that dang ketchup on your crawfish!!!!