Wife is going to kill me building the jamboree

Followed the jamboree thread and sent for the plans.Got them in a email today.

Going to make them into my front mains. Trying to get started in the next couple of weeks. Will post pic's and progress as I go. Looks like it will take a while to build them.

how much  did the plans cost you -

The plans were free, very generous of him to do that

• Like 1

Followed the jamboree thread and sent for the plans.Got them in a email today.

Going to make them into my front mains. Trying to get started in the next couple of weeks. Will post pic's and progress as I go. Looks like it will take a while to build them.

how much  did the plans cost you -

The plans were free, very generous of him to do that

great -

Make sure the woofer surround does not bottom out on your motorboard, those Dayton woofers use a soft gasket that compresses when the screws are tightened.

Chalk up the motorboard, install and tighten down your driver(s) and play a 20 Hz test track with some decent voltage but not too much as to bottom out the driver then remove to see if any chalk has rubbed onto the surround.

If you have interference a spacer will be needed.

I have that problem with kappas as well, Claude just said I was pushing them to hard.  I plan to add an extra gasket, or spacer.

I would not double up gaskets myself but rather rouder up a simple spacer to the size you need.

A plate of leftover wood will work as well and can be made with a jigsaw if you're in a bind, just make sure to use a sharp pencil for your cutout and stick to the line.

Got first one home,couldn't help myself took the tops off the cornscala and set it on top. Had to listen.

Question the Daytons are not rated as high as the Crites woofer ,is there a way to move a tap on the Crites. Cornscala xover to get back the db I am losing? I will be calling Bob Monday to check with him. The jamboree is now my front left with a cornscala for front right. Should have the new top hats done by next week, my idea is working out pretty good so far. Loving the sound so far but everyone in the house is napping so can't put any power to them yet. Will post another pic in just a few.

• Like 1

They came with the EV DH1A's,  but I also have a pair of Faital pro hf200.  My thought is, I am simple man with simple hearing.  If the EV drivers with the horns sound good to me, than I will sell off the Faital's. 

You will have pm.

• Like 2

TC,

Great build thread.  I'm in Little Rock not too far away.  I've thought about trying to build the Jubes or Jamborees and a friend here wants me to try.  My problem is I have not place to put them in my house!  No speakers downstairs per wife's order and I sure ain't lugging them upstairs to my media room (again no good corners up there.  They're too big for my office so I need a customer that has room. 

4 x 8ft BB is $55 a sheet here.  I love the stuff.  How many sheets did you use in the build?

If you're up in LR give me a shout and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

• Like 1

TC,

Great build thread.  I'm in Little Rock not too far away.  I've thought about trying to build the Jubes or Jamborees and a friend here wants me to try.  My problem is I have not place to put them in my house!  No speakers downstairs per wife's order and I sure ain't lugging them upstairs to my media room (again no good corners up there.  They're too big for my office so I need a customer that has room. 

4 x 8ft BB is $55 a sheet here.  I love the stuff.  How many sheets did you use in the build?

If you're up in LR give me a shout and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

I used 3 sheets to build the first one ,but that was having to recut a few things I goofed up. The cut sheet I made showed 2 1/2 sheets would get it done easy. You don't need corners to make them sound great, granted the bass will sound better if you do. I live a little west of HotSprings but get up to LittleRock some when I vist the parents.Your on for the coffee and when I get the second one built you should make the drive and have a listen!!

I just mailed Dana Moore and he (she?) sent me the plan. he is a nice guy. soon I'll start building a pair for myself. prepare for a fully documented thread with stocks of photos in details :) Oh! I have to decide what veneer I'll use!

• Like 2