Wife is going to kill me building the jamboree

nice! I hope you have full version of Dirac Live. it's an expensive tool I use myself. if not you can still use IK Multimedia ARC2 room correction software it uses MultEQ XT32 algorithms. the correction filter cold be run on Foobar2000 player VST runner plugin or directly from JRiver plugin center. I don't know if it's available in the US but i found downloadable version on the internet it just works perfect with ECM8000 calibrated mic (not working with USB mics)

• Like 1

nice! I hope you have full version of Dirac Live. it's an expensive tool I use myself. if not you can still use IK Multimedia ARC2 room correction software it uses MultEQ XT32 algorithms. the correction filter cold be run on Foobar2000 player VST runner plugin or directly from JRiver plugin center. I don't know if it's available in the US but i found downloadable version on the internet it just works perfect with ECM8000 calibrated mic (not working with USB mics)

I have the full version that I upgraded to with my XMC-1. I have been really happy with Dirac and how well it works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

a friend of mine just went to barber shop and came back with an interesting picture :lol:  a simple wooden cabinet with a LCD T.V. on top of it that badly looks like a Jamboree with a K402 :o:lol: I wanted to share it here

post-41711-0-02380000-1438660842_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about cutting mine in half, other than a very large band saw.  Does anybody have a good idea how to go about it.  I say band saw as it would cut the whole thing at once.  My goal would to be to actually make two cuts, both would be cutting in on the center brace to remove just enough so I could still screw a new top/bottom plate to make it a whole cabinet. 

What do you guys think?

Two cabinets like Dana's J2 design or something else?

I am trying to figure out what your trying to do. And why are you trying to cut it in half?

Be cheap and not build a second cabinet. I would end with two bass bins with single 15's.

I am trying to figure out what your trying to do. And why are you trying to cut it in half?

Be cheap and not build a second cabinet. I would end with two bass bins with single 15's.

You got this far in the project... Tough it out, and build the other one like you originally planned.

• Like 2

You got this far in the project... Tough it out, and build the other one like you originally planned.

I told you duder you needed to get started on the other one!! I know it sucks building them they are pretty tough, but the second one goes much quicker I promise!!

• Like 1

I dont think cutting it in half would be the answer. If wanting to be cheap then just building ported boxes would have been cheaper also. 42hz tuned single 15" cabinets would be easy. Less wood costs also.

I am still saving up for the straight dual 12" horn I want to build. Evert hing seems to take me years to build and I have a very small budget even after waiting that long. :(

Edited by chrapladm
  • Like 1

If you were wanting budget why not build the DR 250/280 instead?

You wanted the best so dont quit now. Just keep saving and then be done. I am still saving for my next build and once I finally get the next upgrade done I will be done. Wont be upgrading anything anymore. BUT I also wont be settling for mediocre either. If I had the room that would change some things also. But I digress.:)

• Like 1