This Was So Cool

oldtimer

I just pulled a stem off the glass rack and accidently hit two adjacent glasses.  The notes were the intervals for the last two notes of the opening fanfare of Also Sprach Zarathustra!

I love it when music intrudes on everyday life unexpectedly.  Does anyone else have a similar story to relate?

I just pulled a stem off the glass rack and accidently hit two adjacent glasses.  The notes were the intervals for the last two notes of the opening fanfare of Also Sprach Zarathustra!

I love it when music intrudes on everyday life unexpectedly.  Does anyone else have a similar story to relate?

No story, but, as others have said, whenever I see the sun rising at all -- in real life, or in a movie -- I hear Zarathustra.

The GF won't let me hand wash the our stemware anymore because she knows I'll eventually try to play music on them, make a bunch of random noise instead, and finally piss her off while wasting a bunch of time in the process.  :rolleyes:

Musically savvy people like Björk, made a career of it:

• Like 2

I love it when music intrudes on everyday life unexpectedly.

I wouldn't call it music but my wife has a bunch if wind chimes.  They drive me crazy.  Every once in a while several of them will coincidentally make a chord but more often not.

When I turn on my computer at work it sounds like the first few notes of the "threes company theme, unfortunately it gets stuck in my brain all day sometimes. Apparently I am weak minded :(

These are not the droids you're looking for

Also in fourth or fifth grade when we would convert fractions and you would write the equal sign And the blank =- I would always do it to the tune of "we will rock you" boom boom-boom

okay enough of my OCD ramblings you guys have real music in your brain

They can also get you in trouble, I knew of a certain couple at my work who are both married but have developed a relationship at work. I didn't even realize it but whenever I would see them I would start wistling various songs about cheating. I would catch myself, realize what I was whistling and stop . I know they must've thought I was doing it on purpose but it was truly subconsciously. Funny little thing that glob of gray matter in our heads.