Yugioh

Deang

Most collectors won't buy a collector's card unless they can handle them first. Many people have cards they think they might have value, but they don't. The only way to know for sure is to use a reputable card shop -- the problem here is that many shops will deliberately rip you off -- the secondary market is how they make most of their money. I have a shop I use and I've kind of been with them since they first opened. They are 100% trustworthy. If anyone here wants cards evaluated, you can send them in and they'll do that. Anything of value can be "authenticated". Most cards are what is referred to as "bulk", and they have little to no value. Any card that is "foiled" (shiny, sparkles, etc.) should put in a sleeve immediately to protect it. All the cards we own are sleeved -- because a card that's only worth $4 today, can be worth $50 tomorrow. All it takes is for someone to win a regional even using the card, and bang, up it goes.

I'm in it mostly for the same reason I like chess -- the competitive aspect is a blast. Pokemon, while easier to play, has a huge following as well, and Travis hit the nail on the proverbial head -- there's also the interaction and the friendships you develop. The kids of course think I'm very cool because I "get it". Since I love to read, I bring new ideas into the the store and I get free tutoring. My "Burning Abyss" deck is NOT easy to play. It's themed around the poem "Dante's Inferno" and the artwork is stunning. Debbie finds the demons on the card "disturbing" -- hey, do you guys wanna see some pictures.

Most collectors won't buy a collector's card unless they can handle them first. Many people have cards they think they might have value, but they don't. The only way to know for sure is to use a reputable card shop -- the problem here is that many shops will deliberately rip you off -- the secondary market is how they make most of their money. I have a shop I use and I've kind of been with them since they first opened. They are 100% trustworthy. If anyone here wants cards evaluated, you can send them in and they'll do that. Anything of value can be "authenticated". Most cards are what is referred to as "bulk", and they have little to no value. Any card that is "foiled" (shiny, sparkles, etc.) should put in a sleeve immediately to protect it. All the cards we own are sleeved -- because a card that's only worth $4 today, can be worth $50 tomorrow. All it takes is for someone to win a regional even using the card, and bang, up it goes.

I'm in it mostly for the same reason I like chess -- the competitive aspect is a blast. Pokemon, while easier to play, has a huge following as well, and Travis hit the nail on the proverbial head -- there's also the interaction and the friendships you develop. The kids of course think I'm very cool because I "get it". Since I love to read, I bring new ideas into the the store and I get free tutoring. My "Burning Abyss" deck is NOT easy to play. It's themed around the poem "Dante's Inferno" and the artwork is stunning. Debbie finds the demons on the card "disturbing" -- hey, do you guys wanna see some pictures.

Sure, show some pics....

The thing that cracks me up about Pokemon is that its really just animated and glorified dog fighting. You find an animal in nature then trap it in a little ball then go to the tournament ring and have it fight someones other trapped animal for money and fame...  :ph34r: 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The thing that cracks me up about Pokemon is that its really just animated and glorified dog fighting. You find an animal in nature then trap it in a little ball then go to the tournament ring and have it fight someones other trapped animal for money and fame...  :ph34r:

So does Michael Vick have his own set of collector cards?

• Like 2

So does Michael Vick have his own set of collector cards?

Sparky I choose you! Now go F*** up that other dog and make daddy some F****** money!

Hey if it wins we can jack it up on steroids so it evolves from a Pitbull to a Junkyard Hellhound!

• Like 1

I taught my kids to play chess at a young age,...(snip)

I also taught my oldest son to play chess at a very early age.  At the age of 5, he beat me for the first time ever.  My wife was stunned and made fun of me for letting a 5 year-old beat me. 

I immediately replied "that's not so impressive, I can still beat him two out of three."  <_<

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

dwilawyer, on 16 May 2015 - 3:05 PM, said: The $5,000 Charizard, whatever that is, didn't sell. That is what I run into a lot, a lot if dealers on ebay wanting super high prices and nothing selling.

Charizard is a large dragon-like Pokémon that differs greatly from its pre-evolved form. The red skin color of Charmeleon is no longer apparent, as Charizard appears to have reverted to the orange/yellow color of Charmander. The single horn that was on the back of its head is now two, one on either side. The most notable difference between Charizard and its pre-evolved forms are the large wings that have developed on its back, which gives Charizard the capability of flying.

The kids of course think I'm very cool because I "get it".

I've got news for you; if you play (or played) Pokemon with your son, you are cool!  B)

And a pretty good dad.    :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80