SOLD '83 Belle's (Pair) 1300.00

TasDom

I'm going to pick them up.  I had posted in the "What I Got Today" thread that on July 4th I picked up some matching oil walnut Forte IIs, so I have matching side and rear surrounds.  Currently, I have a lighter birch finished set of LaScalas as my main fronts and an Oak Academy center.  I've been trying to sell speakers and had no intentions of buying more, but as these opportunities to have matching walnut speakers come up, I keep digging myself into a bigger hole. But what was that Billy Crystal SNL skit Fernando quote - "It's better to look good than to feel good". 

I will likely have the LaScalas up for sale in a couple weeks.  And I have a black Academy and the KPT904 on CL now.  I may be adding Cornwalls and Heresys to the sale list in a couple weeks as well.

Edited by musicook
  • Like 4

I'm going to pick them up.  I had posted in the "What I Got Today" thread that on July 4th I picked up some matching oil walnut Forte IIs, so I have matching side and rear sounds.  Currently, I have a lighter birch finished set of LaScalas as my main fronts and an Oak Academy center.  I've been trying to sell speakers and had no intentions of buying more, but as these opportunities to have matching walnut speakers come up, I keep digging myself into a bigger hole. But what was that Billy Crystal SNL skit Fernando quote - "It's better to look good than to feel good". 

I will likely have the LaScalas up for sale in a couple weeks.  And I have a black Academy and the KPT904 on CL now.  I may be adding Cornwalls and Heresys to the sale list in a couple weeks as well.

"I keep digging myself into a bigger hole" :pwk_bs:

I prefer to look at the hobby as:

You are out hiking one day, you come across a manmade cave/mine, its dark in there, but YOU KNOW you have to go in, dont you?

• Like 1

Sold a pair and got to keep a pair plus musicook got a new pair! Win / win / win! That was a great deal. They are almost identical to mine. I didn't get quite as good a deal, but don't regret taking the plunge at all. Drove 6 hours each way to get them too. Let the debates begin as to how to upgrade. I switched my AB crossover to the 4500hz model from Bob Crites along with the tweeter and there was a major improvement. Get to know them first so you appreciate the upgrade. Great score, glad it worked out for everyone.

• Like 1

I'm going to pick them up.  I had posted in the "What I Got Today" thread that on July 4th I picked up some matching oil walnut Forte IIs, so I have matching side and rear surrounds.  Currently, I have a lighter birch finished set of LaScalas as my main fronts and an Oak Academy center.  I've been trying to sell speakers and had no intentions of buying more, but as these opportunities to have matching walnut speakers come up, I keep digging myself into a bigger hole. But what was that Billy Crystal SNL skit Fernando quote - "It's better to look good than to feel good". 

A couple new teaser pics to hold you over until you pick them up next weekend :) (Flash gave them a little bit of a reddish hue)

1_zps1dxmi2xy.jpg5_zpsdh1i7u86.jpg4_zpscqlaajqr.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks.  They look beautiful.  I didn't notice that chip on the front corner from your other photos…   I've been contemplating trying one of my lascalas as a center speaker, but I'd have to remove my entertainment center, it would stick out into the room more since they are deeper, and I'd have to raise my TV which may be too high. 

Thanks.  They look beautiful.  I didn't notice that chip on the front corner from your other photos…   I've been contemplating trying one of my lascalas as a center speaker, but I'd have to remove my entertainment center, it would stick out into the room more since they are deeper, and I'd have to raise my TV which may be too high. 

I like my TV to be higher. This is a temporary setup. I want to try some Cornwall as a center, the set up I have now is too much horn for my ears. 

post-56159-0-22780000-1437311541_thumb.j

• Like 2

Well the Belle's are on their way to their new home in Denver. We had a good session with both music on the Belle's and a couple of movie demo's on the Reference gear. Always great to have a fellow enthusiasts and forum member over to both talk and listen to audio.

It was great meeting you Dwight............enjoy those Belle's!