concert souveniers?

Paducah Home Theater

Snag anything cool at any shows? I don't have much. Got a drumstick from Sheryl Crow, a guitar pick from the Gin Blossoms, three guitar picks from Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies including one he actually used and the others those mass produced autographed ones, autographed CD from Revis when they just came out with their song on the Spiderman soundtrack, had my picture taken with Sheryl Crow, also with Aaron Lewis, almost got backstage with Digital Underground until they figured out I didn't have any weed on me.... :)

So what have you collected?

• Like 3

Guitar pick from Rick Nielson, he had a way of flicking them across the stage, pretty amazing.

Drum stick from Edwin McCains drummer.

I did party with Van Halen before they were famous. I was 15 and their first album just came out. My buddy owned a record store. They were promoting their album, my buddy had a keg in his storeroom. 

• Like 3

No souveniers from shows for me.  No wait…I do have a, not sure what to call it, it’s not a poster; but, it’s larger than a photo…anyway it is of YES’ latest album cover.  The band all autographed it (very special now that Chris Squire has left us).   Back in my married day, after seeing The Guess Who, my wife wanted me to go ask one of the guys for a guitar pick--i didn’t know any of them…so i said, “they’ll give one to you because you’re a chick.”  So she walks over and asked -- and was given one.

I have four boxes of 3D stereo cards of photos taken during Queen shows.  If you are old enough and remember Viewmasters from the 60s--that’s like a stereo card.  Brian May has tons of 3D photos -- he always had a camera with him while touring.  He may be selling them now, i’m not sure.  Anyway, he was nice enough to autograph four boxes of them for me…i would snap a photo and post it; but, they’re stored up in the closet with a ton of junk in the way.

• Like 2

• Moderators

A ton of stuff, some from shows, some from representing them. Dixie Chicks signed a gave me a guitar for helping one of them out, some picks, a lot of stuff from Bob Weir who I have know many years. Van Morrison played in small clubs all over the Bay Area and I got some stuff from him.

Saw Jethro Tull with Garymd and I got him Martin's set list to commemorate a great night.

Better than anything tangible, I have the memories which I wouldn't trade for anything,

Travis

• Like 3

Plenty of great memories of awesome shows!  The only real souvenier I have is an 8X10 glossy Ted Nugent signed for me.  A mutual friend got us to his hotel room after one of his shows here in Louisiana.  Really down to earth guy.  He was very gracious to the folks that were there.  We sat around for two hours telling hunting stories.

• Like 1

Love that REO one Todd -- that is a very rockin LP.

Yes, I agree.  It is one of their best.  I lived in Terre Haute, IN from 1969 - 1972 and they were the first band I experienced, at the entrance to an anchor store in a shopping mall (I was 8 or 9)!  Anyway, REO Two is my favorite studio album of them.

• Like 1

Studio albums….i may pick Nine Lives…Gary did some really good guitar work on some of those songs.  But, You Get What You Play For is far and away their best LP in my opinion.  I never heard of them until 1978 and i moved to Michigan…went partying with two crew members of the ship I was on…we were in the shipyards in Milwaukee at the time. This one guy had his car with him. There is a HUGE place called Grants Park in Milwaukee.  We drove there and he had REO playing…and i was hooked.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

I have 9 lives on LP.  Pick up R.E.O. Two.  It is good raw studio work in their very early years.

i used to have that LP…it has some of my favorites on it … Music Man, Being Kind Can Hurt Someone, Little Queenie, Golden Country -- and the song that got me hooked….Like You Do…..great songs.

• Like 1