Gotta get a "new phone"

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

Man this sucks...my wife is making me get a new phone. I hate getting a new phone and this will be the worse. This will be the 1st touch screen phone I will own.

My wife always has the new "up to date" phone...she takes all the calls for the business, all the internet stuff and other stuff I don't do.... I have my "Hi tech" scan tool that I do all my stuff on...... "important stuff "..........like get on this forum.........and maybe fix a car or two...

For years I have had my trusty old flip-phone.....I like my flip-phone...it works....it's all beat-up, from dropping it on the shop floor.....it's been kicked across the shop floor....it's had brake cleaner sprayed on it.....it's had tools dropped on it.....it's had grease and oil on it......it's spent the night on the drive way with snow on it.....When I'm pissed off I can "SNAP-IT" shut really hard!! Feels good to do that.

It's been a damn good phone......well when I tex the "c"and "v" doesn't work 100% and the screen looks like someone took 80 grit sand paper to it.....I got to press the power button a few times for it to turn on and the battery will not hold a charge for the day..

"OK"  guess I do need a new phone......it still sucks...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

• Moderators

I went through that about a year ago. I had a BlackBerry phone with touch keyboard that I really liked and it didn't matter that I had fumbling fat thumbs.

It was way outdated and was not capable of synching ip with calander and other collaborative software so I had to switch. I really like the software and capabilities of the phone, and it was a quick learning process, especially in light of an abundance of kids who can show you how to do anything and everything. I still miss my keypad on the other phone, and am still constantly having it insert words I don't want, like "if" instead of "of". But overall I don't think I will ever go back,even if I could,

• Like 1

There are some pretty cool phones available. I bet you can find a smart phone you like. I've been using a Samsung S3 Galaxy for 3 years now. Really has been a good phone. I've found a good phone really does help me get things accomplished at home and at work.

• Like 1

Man this sucks...my wife is making me get a new phone. I hate getting a new phone and this will be the worse. This will be the 1st touch screen phone I will own.

My wife always has the new "up to date" phone...she takes all the calls for the business, all the internet stuff and other stuff I don't do.... I have my "Hi tech" scan tool that I do all my stuff on...... "important stuff "..........like get on this forum.........and maybe fix a car or two...

For years I have had my trusty old flip-phone.....I like my flip-phone...it works....it's all beat-up, from dropping it on the shop floor.....it's been kicked across the shop floor....it's had brake cleaner sprayed on it.....it's had tools dropped on it.....it's had grease and oil on it......it's spent the night on the drive way with snow on it.....When I'm pissed off I can "SNAP-IT" shut really hard!! Feels good to do that.

It's been a damn good phone......well when I tex the "c"and "v" doesn't work 100% and the screen looks like someone took 80 grit sand paper to it.....I got to press the power button a few times for it to turn on and the battery will not hold a charge for the day..

"OK"  guess I do need a new phone......it still sucks...

It sounds like you're making a huge leap into the new millennium  :D

• Like 2

There are still flip phones out there MKP.

Agreed. What's all the fuss about? Sounds to me like the phone really isn't the problem. ;)

Long time pager / StarTAC / RAZR(2) user here. Eventually migrated to the iPhone. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

Weigh the pro-cons, and I think you'll manage just fine. :emotion-21:

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 1

Well the new phone has been here for a month or two. My wife showed me when she got it. Last night she grabbed my old phone and started to hook it up to the pc. I said what are you doing??? She said I'm getting all your pic's and contact info off this phone so I can load it on your new one,This week you will have your new phone!!

Yea I know I'm the problem I hate to change....It's just the way I am...

OK so here is another one......My work "shoes" I will wear a pair of shoes till they fall off my feet. When there's holes in them I will fix them....it's not cuz i'm cheap....I like my old shoes. My wife will order a new pair and tell me to throw away the old pair...

On the flip side... if I'm working on one of our daily driving cars and the tire's are close to 50% worn out.....a new set that week!! $500 $700 or what ever they cost on the car they go....like I said I'm not cheap......just a little weird lol lol

• Like 1

I will stick w/samsung flip phone as long as they make them :emotion-21:

When iphones came out, i was there, one of the first owners, only took a month to break it,(dropped) :o

Second iphone, encased in the thickest rubber case made at the time, lasted one month,(dropped) :o

Third iphone, insurance this time, leaned against doorway, button on shirt pocket cracked screen :o 

No more large glass screens for me.

No text, No data, just phone (and very cheap mo bill)  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

I will stick w/samsung flip phone as long as they make them :emotion-21:

When iphones came out, i was there, one of the first owners, only took a month to break it,(dropped) :o

Second iphone, encased in the thickest rubber case made at the time, lasted one month,(dropped) :o

Third iphone, insurance this time, leaned against doorway, button on shirt pocket cracked screen :o

No more large glass screens for me.

No text, No data, just phone (and very cheap mo bill)  :emotion-21:

See that's what I'm talking about......it's just a phone.....the only people that call me on my # is the wife and kids. If other people want me they call the shop..

• Like 1